publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Stokes interview please help WoW it must be bad I can't get one reply.

I am a u.s. citizen my husband is from India we have been together for 6years married for 1 and no children except mines from a previous marriage. My husband and I have had our first interview in May 07 and things did not go to well which shocked both of us since our marriage in bonifide and we have been together for some years. At end of the interview we were given an appointment to appeare again in october 2008 for a second interview. Today we recieved a letter telling us that our appointment has been changed to november 2007 and it is a stokes interview which I don't really understand. I have been reading some of the post and I got the impression that ins usually makes a perosn wait for at least a year for second interview. Can someone please tell me what this means. Why a stokes interview and why the change of day and year.

I am a u.s. citizen my husband is from India we have been together for 6years married for 1 and no children except mines from a previous marriage. My husband and I have had our first interview in May 07 and things did not go to well which shocked both of us since our marriage in bonifide and we have been together for some years. At end of the interview we were given an appointment to appeare again in october 2008 for a second interview. Today we recieved a letter telling us that our appointment has been changed to november 2007 and it is a stokes interview which I don't really understand. I have been reading some of the post and I got the impression that ins usually makes a perosn wait for at least a year for second interview. Can someone please tell me what this means. Why a stokes interview and why the change of day and year.

That means, that your case was sent to the fraud investigation unit. Stokes interview looks like this: you will be asked questions separately under oath, your responses will be recorded and compared at the end. You will have to explain any discrepancies. I suggest, that at this point you hire an attorney.

My advice is not a legal advise.

not to scare you but aia is right.. when i had to immigration for something my lawyer had a client before me that had the same problem a stokes... its not a good thing.. they were in the interview for hour and hours almost the whole day and they still got turned down.. go with a lawyer they will keep them from going really hard on you...
    just tell the truth and make sure you go over things with your husband.. i dont think they expect you to know everything, because no one knows every thing about their spouse but the more immidiate things and stupid stuff like cream that both of you use and tooth paste and stuff like that..but things you think they will ask learn and no it..