1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Congressional delegation honors civil rights martyrs

http://splcenter.org/news/item.jsp?aid=97

Congressional delegation honors civil rights martyrs

Visit the Civil Rights Memorial online
    Take an in-depth, online tour of the Center-sponsored Civil Rights Memorial, and learn more about the Movement's history and martyrs.
    Launch Memorial

Center co-founder Morris Dees (left) welcomes the congressional delegation after a wreath-laying ceremony at the Civil Rights Memorial.
    (Penny Weaver)

March 5, 2005 -- A congressional delegation visited the Civil Rights Memorial today and paid homage to the sacrifices of the Civil Rights Movement's martyrs. In a solemn ceremony, they placed a floral wreath on the Memorial's table, prayed, held hands and sang the Movement anthem, "We Shall Overcome."
    Greeting them were Center president Richard Cohen and Center co-founder Morris Dees.

"Remembering is not enough," said Cohen. "To truly honor the martyrs' memory, we must rededicate ourselves to the cause of human rights, both here and abroad."

Designed by noted designer and architect Maya Lin, the Civil Rights Memorial is a monument to the Movement and to those who died in that struggle. It was built by the Southern Poverty Law Center in 1989.

Laying a wreath on the Memorial's table are Rep. Lewis (from left), Sen. Allen and Rep. Hoyer. With them is the Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth, a hero of Birmingham's civil rights struggles, who led the group in prayer.
    (Penny Weaver)

For the seventh consecutive year, U.S. Congressman John Lewis (D-Ga.) " himself a hero of the Movement " is leading the Congressional Civil Rights Pilgrimage to Alabama. With more than 40 members of Congress participating this year, the delegation is the largest since senators and representatives began making the trek to Alabama in 1997.

In addition to important civil rights sites in Montgomery, the group is also traveling to Birmingham and Selma, where the 40th anniversary of the voting rights march is being celebrated this weekend.

The annual excursion is sponsored by the Washington, D.C.-based Faith & Politics Institute. It encourages civility and respect as spiritual values essential to democracy, and it strives to strengthen political leadership to help heal the wounds that divide the nation and the world.

Serving as this year's honorary Pilgrimage bi-partisan co-chairs are Sen. George Allen (R-Va.), Sen. Jon S. Corzine (D-N.J.), House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) and Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.).

"It's important for people to come to the Civil Rights Memorial and learn this history," said Lewis. "We want them to be inspired and go back to Washington with a renewed spirit. Maybe, just maybe, members of Congress can do more than pass legislation. Maybe they can work for racial reconciliation."

http://splcenter.org/news/item.jsp?aid=97

Congressional delegation honors civil rights martyrs

Visit the Civil Rights Memorial online
    Take an in-depth, online tour of the Center-sponsored Civil Rights Memorial, and learn more about the Movement's history and martyrs.
    Launch Memorial

Center co-founder Morris Dees (left) welcomes the congressional delegation after a wreath-laying ceremony at the Civil Rights Memorial.
    (Penny Weaver)

March 5, 2005 -- A congressional delegation visited the Civil Rights Memorial today and paid homage to the sacrifices of the Civil Rights Movement's martyrs. In a solemn ceremony, they placed a floral wreath on the Memorial's table, prayed, held hands and sang the Movement anthem, "We Shall Overcome."
    Greeting them were Center president Richard Cohen and Center co-founder Morris Dees.

"Remembering is not enough," said Cohen. "To truly honor the martyrs' memory, we must rededicate ourselves to the cause of human rights, both here and abroad."

Designed by noted designer and architect Maya Lin, the Civil Rights Memorial is a monument to the Movement and to those who died in that struggle. It was built by the Southern Poverty Law Center in 1989.

Laying a wreath on the Memorial's table are Rep. Lewis (from left), Sen. Allen and Rep. Hoyer. With them is the Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth, a hero of Birmingham's civil rights struggles, who led the group in prayer.
    (Penny Weaver)

For the seventh consecutive year, U.S. Congressman John Lewis (D-Ga.) " himself a hero of the Movement " is leading the Congressional Civil Rights Pilgrimage to Alabama. With more than 40 members of Congress participating this year, the delegation is the largest since senators and representatives began making the trek to Alabama in 1997.

In addition to important civil rights sites in Montgomery, the group is also traveling to Birmingham and Selma, where the 40th anniversary of the voting rights march is being celebrated this weekend.

The annual excursion is sponsored by the Washington, D.C.-based Faith & Politics Institute. It encourages civility and respect as spiritual values essential to democracy, and it strives to strengthen political leadership to help heal the wounds that divide the nation and the world.

Serving as this year's honorary Pilgrimage bi-partisan co-chairs are Sen. George Allen (R-Va.), Sen. Jon S. Corzine (D-N.J.), House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) and Rep. Fred Upton (R-Mich.).

"It's important for people to come to the Civil Rights Memorial and learn this history," said Lewis. "We want them to be inspired and go back to Washington with a renewed spirit. Maybe, just maybe, members of Congress can do more than pass legislation. Maybe they can work for racial reconciliation."

What a loser this loser started personal attacks; I am here for you New therapy starts for you from Monday Harder than kick a ss

What a loser Epic-moron this loser started personal attacks; I am here for you New therapy starts for you from Monday Harder than a ss kicking

YES, YES I HAVE A LUBRICANT

YES, YES I HAVE A MEDICINE

So Epicb@stard = Emica = marmaduk = atwitsend = Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
    One person hiding behind multiple ID's

Puzzle is solved

People always project what they do on others [see Jung, 'Word and Image Association' ], so now it is obvious to me:

Epicb@stard = Emica= marmaduk = atwitsend = Unlawful Carnal Knowledge

One sick maniac multiplies his/her/its' ID by 4-5-6 and then pretends to be a 'mob lynching' on this board.

O you, illegal ****ster-liar GESTAPO playing low life
    Your tricks and lies and threats won't stiffle my First Amendment Rights to Free Speech
    O you, anti-immigrant Nazi: I know who you are and I know why you are so upset about my posts
    Very well, you WILL SERVE as a barometr for me: more you multiply your ID's, more your A-S-S gets redder and redder more I will know for sure that I am on the right tracks

Now it is time for you to EAT some of your own ****, some of your LIES, some of your TYRANNICAL and MANIACAL intolerance and GESTAPO like tricks, whoever you are, o low-life trash talking b@stard, who multiplies ID's to stiffle my First Amendment Rights here

People like you are Enemies of America, enemies of Freedom and Democracy

LONG LIVE AMERICA!!!
    DOWN WITH TYRANTS AND OPPRESSORS AND HATERS