free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightmare!!!

My Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility as been denied is to antway to get a green card after been convicted for shopplifting ten years ago. I have a 14 years old son, and i do most of the working to maintaining my family structure, is there any hope for me getting a green card. Please help!!

My Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility as been denied is to antway to get a green card after been convicted for shopplifting ten years ago. I have a 14 years old son, and i do most of the working to maintaining my family structure, is there any hope for me getting a green card. Please help!!

If the crime you are convicted of is an AGGRAVATED FELONY (as defined by 1996 Reform Act), then you are highly unlikely to overcome the denial of your waiver.

And I am not going to even attempt to help you because you had no excuse to willfully committ an AGGRAVATED FELONY in US.

First, you need to return the item that you shop lifted. Second, antifascist was correct, a felony conviction might hurt your chance of waiver approval. He's also antishoplifter; hence, the kind of comment you got from him.

No, the double count shoplifting happened ten years ago which I severed 4days in holding it was not an "aggravated felnoy". All this is happening because I fellowed my friends, ****n!!!!How often can I file the waiver of inadmissibility?

Shoplifting is usually a misdemeanor, otherwise the offense would be charged as grand theft or something of that sort. The problems with the waivers is that they are usually poorly documented. You may need to contact an attorney to help you with your situation. FYI, aggravated felonies are treated in the same way as any other CIMT when it comes to admissibility. It sounds strange that your waiver was denied given the age of the conviction and possible rehabilitation, but then again, any poorly documented waiver is likely to be denied; it's your burden to establish the hardship, equity and rehabilitation and you cannot do that without evidence, documentation and maybe even sworn statements.
    This is not legal advice, contact a good attorney if you need legal help.

This is not legal advice, contact a good attorney if you need legal help.
    That's the only correct advise this guy ever gives

Depends on the amount of the item taken. What if what he got was a jewelry valued at one million dollars? Or he shoplfted a huge top of the line TV set? Even if it happened 10 years ago, you must return it plus interest computed 10 years. Only then can your case be reconsidered.

Someone12
    The US does not need to import thieves. Go home. I applaud the Dept of Homeland Secutity adjudicators for denying your waiver. Scumbags should just go back to your own country and steal whatever few items on the shelves in your pitiful stores.

ON WAHT basis you applied green card, is there any other problem other tHAN SHOPLIFTING too , becuase i heard they can let you to adjust if you have two or less minor crimes like shoplifting
    still its better you consult with good immigration attorney