Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: K3 application...

hello everyone!
    any one who might help?
    here is my situation. My husband is planning to file for a K3 visa for me. My question is, what if both I130 and I129F get approved at the time. what should I pursue to get to US the soonest possible? If I129F is the quicker way, should I need to inform the NVC (assuming it will be at NVC since I130 has also been approved) that i am pursuing the I129F and just adjust my status as soon as I get to US?Pls Help!tnx

hello everyone!
    any one who might help?
    here is my situation. My husband is planning to file for a K3 visa for me. My question is, what if both I130 and I129F get approved at the time. what should I pursue to get to US the soonest possible? If I129F is the quicker way, should I need to inform the NVC (assuming it will be at NVC since I130 has also been approved) that i am pursuing the I129F and just adjust my status as soon as I get to US?Pls Help!tnx

After I-130 is approved the NVC send notification to US Consulate in your country to get the interview for K3 visa.

www.USImmigrationForAll.com
    Frank G. Becker & Associates
    www.USImmigrationForAll.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Forvisas:
    After I-130 is approved the NVC send notification to US Consulate in your country to get the interview for K3 visa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

nope - after I-130 is approved, and Consulate notified, the beneficiary will be interviewed for an immigrant visa (CR/IR-1,2,...)

chizza, look at this
    http://www.ilw.com/immigdaily/news/2006,1116-I129.pdf

Compare the time lines of I-129 and I-130. If I-130 has been approved and your husband hasn't yet filed I-129F, I would guess I-130 would end up it the Consulate first anyway.

Nowdays, there is not a big difference in processing times. K3 was introduced when spouses had to wait for the approval of I-130 for years. And entering on immigrant visa (resulat of approved I-130) is much better than coming on K3 and than going through the adjustment of status.

hi aneri!this is our situation. My husband is upgrading my I130 next month and after that we are planning to file the I129F ryt after, hoping it is the best way that I can get to US the soonest possible. But as u said, there is not much big differece between I130 and I129F with regards to processing. Am I getting it correctly that there is no big differece (between I130 and I129F )with the whole processing thing, meaning not just with the approval but from the approval up to the visa issuance?ryt? Because i thought even if they will be approved at the same time, I129F will still take shorter than I130 with regards to consular processing. Am really confused.

So the question would be, if approved I-129F and I-130 leave NVC at the same time, which one will result in an interview first? I don't know, but I haven't heard that consulates are priorotizing one over the other.

Maybe you can find out how long it takes from NVC stage to the interview in your contry here
    http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/stats.php for K3, and
    http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/irstats.php for immigrant visa

Hi Aneri!thanks so much for ur replies. I got the answers to my questions. Everything is quite clear to me ryt now.thnx a lot!