free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CONFUSION REGARDING PACKET 3

I'm a little bit confused regarding CP procedures. If my Agent of Choice has already sent the Packet 3 (including I-864, sponsor's 3yrs tax documents, visa fees, forms etc) to NVS and the NVS has forwarded the completed Packet 3 to the appropriate consular post, does the beneficiary still need to bring a copy of the sponsor's I-864 and three years' tax documents during the interview? Can anyone give me detailed advice? Thank you.

I'm a little bit confused regarding CP procedures. If my Agent of Choice has already sent the Packet 3 (including I-864, sponsor's 3yrs tax documents, visa fees, forms etc) to NVS and the NVS has forwarded the completed Packet 3 to the appropriate consular post, does the beneficiary still need to bring a copy of the sponsor's I-864 and three years' tax documents during the interview? Can anyone give me detailed advice? Thank you.

The main reason why they can ask for affidavit of support and current tax return because there is a time gap between completed approved petition sent to local consulate and actual interview, at the time of interview they want to make sure that petitioner's job information is current like current pay stub or job letter, also in my case when I submitted affidavit of support latest tax return was 2002 and this information was sent to local consulate, at the time my sister's interview I am sure they are going to ask for 2003 tax return since six month passed by if that's the case. As far as I know beneficiary must bring current information like latest tax return and I-864 and same thing is mention in letter from NVC when file was transferred to overseas consulate. Hope this would help.

Thanks Vivek. So how's your sister's case? Any new info? Do let me know and good luck.

In our case the NVC requested the I-864, 3 year taxes and affidavit/visa fees ($65/$335). My spouse also submitted DS-230 part I. Interview letter from the embassy also asked for all those things to bring to the interview. I don't understand what was the point of mailing the forms to the NVC if you have to bring them to the interview anyway?! It's just a waist of time.

I agree with Vivek. I think it's because of the time lapse when the Consulate received the completed Packet III and the actual time of interview. It's really hard to tell when one would be alloted a visa no. eventhough your priority date is current or about to be current. But hey thanks Sup for your input. By the way, can you tell us about your interview? What other documents did they check and what kind of questions were asked? I assume you've already gotten your GC. Congrats!

hi, everyone. I am a newcomer. I received a letter from the US embassy in late July confirming the mailing of my file from NVC to the US embassy in my area.The US embassy phoned me days before and told me that it can arrange an interview for me in early September.I am deeply worried about that actually.Can anyone tell me what would be the grounds for the refusal of an immigrant visa? Compared with non-immigrant visas like student visas, would immigrant visas be harder to get approved?I will be grateful if anyone can answer my questions. Thank you

Hi BEBE, no new lead in her case so far, however Indian consulates are processing cases around BMB199672**** and her case is BMB199682**** so hoping that something will happen soon in next two or three months, wish my father was naturalized by now then case will be converted 1st then F2B and in 1st category priority date is Oct 00.

Vivek it's so good to hear from you again. When you visit different lawyers' sites you'd always be told that the maximum waiting time for an immigrant interview after the consulate has received the approved/completed Packet 3 is around six months because the I-864 is valid for one year only. I don't know if I'm wrong about that. Looking at your sister's case no., seems that her case is close to the final procedure. Good for your sister. Well, what do you think about my case (priority date is Nov. 1995?) Do you think it will be within this year? Any guess?

And Airwhiz what's your status? If you check the State Department site (www.travelstate.gov), the grounds for denial for an immigrant visa are mainly due to fraud, medical reasons (communicable diseases such as Aids, TB). So make sure you'll have all the documents (birth certificate, Addiffivat of support, sponsor's most current three years tax documents, police certificate from your country, medical exam certificate, marriage certificate and notarized employment letter (if applicable)and photos with your petitioner ready. Insufficient documents will cause a delay in issuing a visa, but probably not rejection. Also check out http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/...consulate.html. Good Luck.

Airwhiz I forgot to mention the most probable reason for visa denial. Public Charge. Make sure you have all the financial proof on hand.