50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: please help

as u must ve read my previous posts. i went more interview and tghey denied my i 751 becuse my wife didnt come, so i ll be filing waiver ater divorce. but i ve one question... they kept my conditional gc there and i m confused although its expired , will be able to travel out of country just with the stamped pass port after i get approval after reapplying. did same thing happen to anybody else

as u must ve read my previous posts. i went more interview and tghey denied my i 751 becuse my wife didnt come, so i ll be filing waiver ater divorce. but i ve one question... they kept my conditional gc there and i m confused although its expired , will be able to travel out of country just with the stamped pass port after i get approval after reapplying. did same thing happen to anybody else

first of all, sorry to hear that. i have been reading posts like this and it makes me more and more annoyed. i wish they bring a law so that they can subpoena the USC spouse (who initially signed the petition together with the alien) to come to the interview and then explain whatever he/she wants to instead of just not giving a **** about it when they dont come for the interview. instead the alien gets to be penalized. they should make both husband and wife responsible for their actions. i dont know what other folks think about this issue.

personnaly i dont think the expired green card is gonna do anything for u. its just like an expired credit card. ur passport stamp and the letter should do. how long did they extend ur status in the mean time???

thanks for ur support, actually my gc was extended for 1 yr wen i applied joint petition, i think it still holds good. and they gave me 4 months to reapply with divorce. immigration law is againt aliens, they dont say anything against citizens, even if they r wrong, we get penalised for no fooly at all

Only problem is, since they denied your I-751, I am not sure your stamp is valid anymore. If entry officer has your record, then you could be in big trouble.

I am not sure about this issue so you'd better get more opinions. My gut feeling tells me travelling is a bad idea. The fact that they took your card after denial is consistent with this theory. Normally they dont take your card away at interview.

actually they took the card before the interview wn u just report for it. i forgot to ask it back, deial was after that

i agree with templar. dont even move out of ur house till u get ur things finalized.

I did not know your greencard was expired,so thats kinda normal for them to take that away from you.U got a stamp in your passport,so its the same thing.No biggie really.

but can i just travel on the passport then