free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Getting married, came on D visa

Hi,
    I am dating a US citizen for quite a time and we plan to marry. I came here on C1/D visa, will that be obstacle with the immigration once we marry?

Hi,
    I am dating a US citizen for quite a time and we plan to marry. I came here on C1/D visa, will that be obstacle with the immigration once we marry?

Fraudster she lied to US Consulate to get a visa; she enters America with non-immigrant visa and plans to stay forever!

Well that was no help. Anyway, I believe that those who entered on a C or D is specifically excluded from adjusting status (I-485). That means applying to change status from the C/D to the green card. But that doesn't mean your spouse cannot petition for the I-130 to establish the qualifying relationship. There is an exception, under 245(i), but check with your lawyer as I believe that provision has sunset (2001), unless it has been reinstated. That provision allows those who otherwise cannot adjust to do so with a payment of $1000. Otherwise, get married, your spouse does the I-130, get an approval, you go back to the consulate in your country and obtain the visa and come back. Okay?

A

The "go back to the consulate in your country" part is tricky, since I have overstayed here by years...

It amazes me how fraudulent grints justify their criminal activities and come to our board looking for relief; fraudsters like you make the process harder for legitimate grints and the American system!!

Hi blueyes,

Unfortunately people who came on C1/D visa r not allowed to adjust status ...that's what uscis.gov says... I guess u can go back ...sure there will be 3-10 yrs bar on u to reenter USA again...but u can file I -601 and usually depending upon country people can come back to usa legal way in a year...ask spouse about this...she has done this and she knows whats the deal... other thing ask mohan ...good luck...Pasha