50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I get my Verbally Abusive spouse deported??

Hi all. My husband just got his conditional green card at the end of August. I left him Sept. 1 and I'm now divorcing him. He's a verbal abuser and he has an anger problem. We own a home and have a four-month-old daughter (so sad). I'm writing Immigration to tell them affirmatively that I will not be filing to remove conditions in two years and why. I want him out of our lives b/c he is scary and irrational and horrible. Do I have any chance? Also, he had a fiancee visa right before me and he lied on his B1/B2 visa (it says that he was coming to see his fiance, but she had dumped him and he was coming to see me)that he got to come meet me.

Hi all. My husband just got his conditional green card at the end of August. I left him Sept. 1 and I'm now divorcing him. He's a verbal abuser and he has an anger problem. We own a home and have a four-month-old daughter (so sad). I'm writing Immigration to tell them affirmatively that I will not be filing to remove conditions in two years and why. I want him out of our lives b/c he is scary and irrational and horrible. Do I have any chance? Also, he had a fiancee visa right before me and he lied on his B1/B2 visa (it says that he was coming to see his fiance, but she had dumped him and he was coming to see me)that he got to come meet me.

If you intend to divorce, that's right, you won't be petitioning in two years, because your husband will either not file at all or file alone under one of the several waivers,as soon as the divorce is final.

Do you have a chance of doing what?
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

do i have any chance of getting him out of the country? of keeping him from successfully obtaining a waiver?

He may be an abusive and horrid husband, but that does not mean he committed fraud. I'd say it's best to focus on steering clear of him. Better yet, for the sake of your child, demand he consider anger management counseling just in case he is able to preserve his paternal visitation rights.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

thanks for your input... but have demanded counseling twice (and he complied...sort of) and the efforts have been fruitless. i do think that he was out for a green card. i met him on an online dating site and he listed his ex-fiancee's U.S. residence as his residence, even though he was in his native country at the time. and he definitely lied at his visa interview.

my unsolicited advice to everyone out there when it comes to marriage and children is to REALLY GET TO KNOW the person. we got married too quickly -- before i realized what a MONSTER he is. so sad for our baby girl.

I ruby, I'm so sorry to hear about your plight. I too hope he fails to get a waiver and gets deported. Does he know about the waiver he has to file once you are divorced...does he understand the immigration system..........by this I mean does he realise that once you are finally free of him that he is on his own with regards to immigration

Ruby,
    Stop being selfish you 'victim mother'.

How do you think your daughter will feel when she grows up and finds out you deported her father? She will hate you like h ell.

FYI, yours is one side of the story and immigration wont just listen to you just because you are USC.

He has rights too because the US constitution protects everyone who is on its SOIL, not because you are USC or what not.

If they dont deport those who cross the border, why should they deport a man just because his ex-wife, a man who is the father of a USC child and most of all just because some bitter b itch somewhere wants him deported?

You need to live him alone, go on with your life and not be vindictive. You come across as a bitter ex who wants to destroy an ex and trust me USCIS has seen many like you and your letter will just fill their trash bin and because of privacy laws they cant tell you what they did with HIM.Dont feel like you will ever know how your letter was handled.

In short, try to do good in your life and help him if need be, let your daughter have a father and move on.

You never know what the future holds. He may one day change and be a good person. Always leave room for that for the sake of the child.

Do not feel like you have some power over him just because you have information you can use against him or just because you are USC and he is not.All your information is just ALLEGATIONS.Do you really feel they will leave all they are doing just to listen to you? They already did background and criminal checks on him when they gave hima green card.Who do you think you are?

You need to realize that all those allegations you are saying have to be proven and my guess is when you start telling the stuff you are saying here, USCIS will just throw your letter in the trash because you come across as a bitter woman whose marriage did not work out and now want to blame everyone else except themselves. Do you see how your post blames him for everything and you are the perfect one?You thnk anyone can believe that?

Just try and see.

Live your life, learn from the past and try to be a good mother, period.

Anger will get you nowhere and stop feeling like being a USC is a power than you can use to your advantage in a marriage situation. You will lose the marriage battle and the immigration one.

If you loved him enough to carry his child, how can you conveince USCIS he did not love you?You must be kidding.

Rubytuesday,
    I know just how you feel as I am in a similar circumstance. Having a child to an abusive immigrant is terrifying. For that safety of your child, your self, and also I am living with the fear that he will abduct my son because he has already made threats to take my son away. I do not ever want my child to feel the way that I did while living with the abuse. I wish there was something we could do. And just because we had children to these abusive immigrants does not mean that they did not also abuse the immigration system to get to the USA.

thanks, lau66. you "get it." he's threatened to run with our child, too. and he's threatened to kill us, but not in a direct enough way to get a protective order. the system is so frustrating. so i basically have to wait until he very overtly and directly threatens our lives or actually phsyically hurts one of us before i can actually keep him away. i am not angry as the previous poster suggested, i am scared for myself and my family. i unfortunately got married and pregnant without knowing what kind of person he really is. plus, he was of course on his best behavior in the beginning.