free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Where to send inquiry?

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me. My friend has been sponsored by his company. He is under 245(i). The case was approved by DOL, then transferred to USCIS in Newark, NJ. In 2003 he had an interview, the decision was not made during the interview because the immigration officer wanted to see the employer's tax returns and my friend was told the next interview would be scheduled during 180 days. The taxes were sent to USCIS (registered mail)as well as the owner of the company wrote a letter to the USCIS indicating that the owner is willing to come to the interview to confirm that he has been sponsoring my friend. No interview has been scheduled so far.

4 years passed, my friend who has a permit for work, was in the USCIS office several times, sent written inquires to USCIS in Newark, asked Senators for help and the only answer is "the case has been pending".

Do you know what else can he do to solve the problem? Maybe there is any other office where he can send an inquiry?

Thank you for your input.

Hi,

I wonder if someone can help me. My friend has been sponsored by his company. He is under 245(i). The case was approved by DOL, then transferred to USCIS in Newark, NJ. In 2003 he had an interview, the decision was not made during the interview because the immigration officer wanted to see the employer's tax returns and my friend was told the next interview would be scheduled during 180 days. The taxes were sent to USCIS (registered mail)as well as the owner of the company wrote a letter to the USCIS indicating that the owner is willing to come to the interview to confirm that he has been sponsoring my friend. No interview has been scheduled so far.

4 years passed, my friend who has a permit for work, was in the USCIS office several times, sent written inquires to USCIS in Newark, asked Senators for help and the only answer is "the case has been pending".

Do you know what else can he do to solve the problem? Maybe there is any other office where he can send an inquiry?

Thank you for your input.

Make some more Infopass appointments, write more letters to your Congressmen and Senators, write even to the White House. If still nothing worked, might as well hire a lawyer who specializes in Writ of Mandamus cases.

Or, last resort, send a PM to Someone12, he seems to know a lot. Moreover, he's saying that everything in the current system is perfect, and that he has an all-out support for those who patiently do it the "legal way" or "following the rules" like your friend.