50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Such a Shame

I read this notice board often. I am not illegal, nor did I marry for a Greencard, as a matter of fact I am from Australia and anyone that has travelled there would agree you would have to be nuts to come here just for a greencard - love is what bought me here.

There are so many knowledgable people on this board that often answer sarcastically to basic questions. It's the basic questions that are the hardest. The instructions are not very clear eg EAD Application has about 11 forms of which ONE is required.

Maybe you could try and just answer even the silliest question with a bit of compassion on the odd occasion ...afterall the only "stupid" question is an unasked one

I read this notice board often. I am not illegal, nor did I marry for a Greencard, as a matter of fact I am from Australia and anyone that has travelled there would agree you would have to be nuts to come here just for a greencard - love is what bought me here.

There are so many knowledgable people on this board that often answer sarcastically to basic questions. It's the basic questions that are the hardest. The instructions are not very clear eg EAD Application has about 11 forms of which ONE is required.

Maybe you could try and just answer even the silliest question with a bit of compassion on the odd occasion ...afterall the only "stupid" question is an unasked one

i think u need to file I -765 only...but there are subcategories what documents you should attach with it.... if u study I -765 form itself... u will be able to indentify ...what category you fall under...good luck...

http://www.ilw.com/immigrants/forms/i-765fillable.pdf

Wilma:

EAD instructions are quite simple.
    On page three you can see all eligible categories listed.
    Page one explains how to file, who should file, where should it be filed and etc.

If you have a specific question, please reply stating your current status, whether you applied for the asked benefit before and whether your request was approved. If you did not apply for it before, state the basis to do so now.

I'll try to answer your questions as accurately as I could.

Best wishes,

E.

Thank you ... i am actually just filling out the paperwork, it's the silly stuff that is the hardest - just want to get it right the first time.

My real point was, i often look here because I am sure any question I have has been answered before but often the replies treat the personing asking the question like an idiot .... it is really refreshing to see your answers - polite, helpful and to the point ..thank You!

While I appreciate the link (as I am sure others do) I think it is unlikely that people haven't looked there first. you must understand that the INS is daunting to anyone and they really have the power to make or break you.

I initially planned to file for the Fiancee Visa when i got home but attended a "live chat" and was informed by the attorney (Mitch I think) that I didn't need to go home, that we could marry here - until then i had no idea (by the way Mitch was brilliant very easy to understand and quick!)

I am in status until Thursday, so the paperwork has to go off this week even though I understand that because i am married i am still safe - I entered legally with no intention of marrying - things changed after we met and I travelled a while - I believe this is allowed.

Thanking you again - there is a wealth of knowledge on this board and manners are so cheap ... thanks

Wilma,
    Sometimes there is some joking around on the board but most people do try to be helpful I think.Some more than others. The ones that are deliberately obnoxious just have to be overlooked because they don't seem to ever go away. Good luck with all of your changes.

Wilma:

On this occasion, far from being judgemental, I will suggest you to post specific questions with relevant information included.

If I see your Q's I'll try to answer.

Best wishes,

E.