50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: RIghts

Does an illegal immigrant father have rights to his american born baby and the mom is an american born citizen. The mom wants to give the baby up for adoption to her cousins whom have three children of there own, own there own home and are legaly certified by the state and have license to be foster adoptive parents. The bio father is illegal no job, no car, no home does he have right to fight the soon to be adoptive parents?

Does an illegal immigrant father have rights to his american born baby and the mom is an american born citizen. The mom wants to give the baby up for adoption to her cousins whom have three children of there own, own there own home and are legaly certified by the state and have license to be foster adoptive parents. The bio father is illegal no job, no car, no home does he have right to fight the soon to be adoptive parents?

Here is the real question: If some illegal alien with no right to be in America, with no job, no car or no home actually wins custody of his soon-to-be-born baby, does said illegal alien somehow gain the right to remain in America?

Answer: NO.

Legally, the biological father has rights regarding the baby...that is obvious. The baby, however, will confer no immigration benefits on the father, who will still be an illegal alien who wasn't responsible enough to use birth control (or responsible enough to respect America's laws and sovereignty).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The baby, however, will confer no immigration benefits on the father </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This actually depends on how the father entered the country. If with a valid visa, the child can file to adjust his status when he or she is 21. If EWI, probably out of luck.

The father still has rights to the child; however, given the circumstances of having no job, home, etc., it would probably be in the best interest of the child to live with the cousin in a more stable environment. Just an opinion.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by awesomemomof4:
    Does an illegal immigrant father have rights to his american born baby and the mom is an american born citizen. The mom wants to give the baby up for adoption to her cousins whom have three children of there own, own there own home and are legaly certified by the state and have license to be foster adoptive parents. The bio father is illegal no job, no car, no home does he have right to fight the soon to be adoptive parents? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And just why would a mother give her child up for adoption? Is it maybe that she doesn't have a cent to her name and is calling the kettle black? The father does have rights to his child and the mother does not have any right to deny the same.

If I were you BTW, I would change my handle.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

The illegal alien can only be sponsored by an adult child. There is no opening to stay while the child is a minor.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by awesomemomof4:
    Does an illegal immigrant father have rights to his american born baby and the mom is an american born citizen. The mom wants to give the baby up for adoption to her cousins whom have three children of there own, own there own home and are legaly certified by the state and have license to be foster adoptive parents. The bio father is illegal no job, no car, no home does he have right to fight the soon to be adoptive parents? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And just why would a mother give her child up for adoption? Is it maybe that she doesn't have a cent to her name and is calling the kettle black? The father does have rights to his child and the mother does not have any right to deny the same.

If I were you BTW, I would change my handle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was going to ask the same question regarding the mom wanting to give the baby up, but decided I'm in no position to question the reasons. For the majority of moms, it would never enter our minds to give up our young; however, dire circumstances may be involved and I believe the best interests of the child should come first and foremost.

i am the cousin wanting to knoe this. I have three children of my own and i could never give my child up. the mother istant stable she doesnt want the baby the father and mother both into drugs. they think about parting not the baby. im the one taking her to dr visits and hopeing the baby is ok. she says she hates the baby and wishes she could get an abortion. she only has 8 weeks. in my eyes im looking at the babys best interest.the father doesnt have a job, no car, no home does drugs and drinks alot. me and my husband have three kids and i stay home and take care of them there or biologcal children and we also juat got our license in foster/adopt. I feel the baby would have a better chance in our home where she has a roof over her head, food in her mouth and a family to love her. My children want her to be with us when she has her so we know shes ok.The mom doesnt want it we dont know what the father wants but man id hate to see what could happen to the baby. the mother already has given up herother three children.

Regardless of the Immigration status, he is the father of the child, he has all the right.
    Immigration status and the civil law are two different animal.
    Regardless of his status. nationality of origin, race creed, he will have all the rights. Immigration can only play a role for custody battle but if DNA testthat takes 425 dollars for test,proved that he is the father of the child he will have all the right. child cannot be put for adoption without his consents

Juvnile court does not take immigration status into consideration for child welfare. It looks to me that you guys are set for nasty fight and I can only say that neither of you are going to hurt but you guys are going to hurt the child in the battle.
    In my suggestion, you guys should think as a parent. If you dont want the child and ready to give for adoption, let him have the kid and let him raise the kid. Don't you guys know that kids always comes back and look for there biologial parents when he gets his senses. Did you ever thought how he is going to feel when he grow up?
    Moreover there are pretty good chances that state and case worker will take over for you guys and control the kids life. Don't try to use immigration as weapon.. be sensible.. do the right thing.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..