1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good news for all illegal immigrants.....Pray for this one

House Bill to Grant Legal Status to Undocumented Immigrants
    July 22, 2002

House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt said today that he plans to introduce a bill in the House of Representatives that would grant legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants.

Speaking before the annual meeting of the National Council of La Raza, a Hispanic civil rights group, Gephardt said, "Our proposal will bring undocumented immigrants out of the shadows and into the light of accountability and greater cooperation in our fight against terrorism." The crowd of about 3,000 gave him a standing ovation.

"We are all immigrants unless we're Native Americans," the Missouri Democrat said. "There are probably millions of immigrants in this country who have done everything we've asked them to do. They've worked, they've stayed out of trouble, they've obeyed the laws, they've helped their families, and they would like an opportunity.

The measure, he said, would legalize immigrants who have lived in the United States for five years and worked in the country for two years.

In referring to President Bush's immigration plans, Gephardt said, "President Bush talks about immigration reform, but there's not been enough action to match that rhetoric."

House Bill to Grant Legal Status to Undocumented Immigrants
    July 22, 2002

House Minority Leader Richard Gephardt said today that he plans to introduce a bill in the House of Representatives that would grant legal status to millions of undocumented immigrants.

Speaking before the annual meeting of the National Council of La Raza, a Hispanic civil rights group, Gephardt said, "Our proposal will bring undocumented immigrants out of the shadows and into the light of accountability and greater cooperation in our fight against terrorism." The crowd of about 3,000 gave him a standing ovation.

"We are all immigrants unless we're Native Americans," the Missouri Democrat said. "There are probably millions of immigrants in this country who have done everything we've asked them to do. They've worked, they've stayed out of trouble, they've obeyed the laws, they've helped their families, and they would like an opportunity.

The measure, he said, would legalize immigrants who have lived in the United States for five years and worked in the country for two years.

In referring to President Bush's immigration plans, Gephardt said, "President Bush talks about immigration reform, but there's not been enough action to match that rhetoric."

Help support this Bill because it could be a big change for millions of lives in the US, Including myself ( lol)........ Well i discovered this while searching a wel known site on the internet regarding immigration. So let's all write letters to our senate.. to have them support this bill because we do too much for this country everyday....Only God is our witness

What does legalize mean? They all become PR?

Can someone explain to me why millions of people that came here illegally should be granted such favors, when there are millions of people here that are following all the rules, and going through all the frustration of doing so, and may still not be able to stay in the country.

Unfortunately, Gephart is doing early politics,though in general democrats have always been for "amnesty".It is really frustrating when one comes here legally and keeps waiting for your papers to arrived.
    Some are suggesting that it would be best for INS to withold temporarily or freeze all this
    245(i) applications and finish all the backlog of those whose papers are legitimately filed like 485,I-360, K-1,K-3,etc and review the visa lottery as the latest results show how disappointing the distribution and the winners are from.Well, it is just my concern...

I'm happy you brought this issue up, I also had a dream some few days ago and I saw congress passing a bill which grants Amnesty for all undocumented immigrants, it was such a beautiful dream and I only wished everyone could see through my dreams. Most undocumented immigrants here are in no way criminal - minded people and contrary to what some people believe, nobody specifically comes to America just to break immigration laws (that makes no sense at all). Most people come here first and foremost because of the love they have for this country, they want to be part of the American dream and others come here to be part of the freedom which America represents. A place they can work and contribute positively to the economy, thats what America means to most of the undocumented immigrants. They do the hardest types of jobs that no one is willing to accept and for little pay(but they still don't complain). They also try to do things legally by trying to get just an I.D card but none will issue it to them but despite all these
    discrimination, they continue to live here because of the great love they have for this great country because believe me (people),
    nobody likes to be made to feel inferior or less human but these people still continue to live this way and contribute to the economy. They never collect any social security benefits but still, they work hard and contribute to the economy so I don't think they're a pest to this country.
    All they're asking for is a chance to do all this legally and I think the wonderful men and women of the U.S congress are beginning to look into their plight.
    And also, noone ever planned to be born here, its just by luck and the same rules applies to the undocumented immigrants, they are also here by luck (because it isn't that easy boarding a plane and coming to America or crossing the border just like that) and if this people have no evil intents or any criminal history, then they should also be allowed to stay and contribute to the economy (legally). Just like babies who happen to be born here by luck are automatically granted U.S citizenship (who knows what that child will become in future ?) but with the undocumented immigrants, they've been here for a while so the authorities will be able to conduct background checks and if they have no serious criminal convictions, they should be allowed to stay and contribute to the economy of this great country, afterall these immigrants also love America and thats why they came here.

Listen buddies! I don't mean to be heartless but I just don't believe that people who come here illegally should just be given a "free ride". Join the line(s) in the proper way like everybody else and wait your turn.

GOD BLESS AMERICA !

America4all, I really enjoyed reading through your message and i believe you're right. Its true most of the undocumented immigrants are not just fellow human beings, but they're also our family (spouse friends e.t.c) and we all need to be our neighbor's keeper. We all have needs too whether we are Americans or Asians, Africans or Europeans and if we help others in needs, who knows what could happen to our own needs ??? See thats why its always good to be nice and remember there's a man upstairs watching so I urge everyone to be good, and remember to care for your brothers because you never know what blessings you might get in return.

Just my thought:

If you grant legal status to illegals, you should also grant the same status to those of us who stand in a very, very long line to do things according to the rules.

I am on the fence whether illegals should be granted legal status or not. But I have a strong opinion that if you are going to grant amnesty, you should grant amnesty to everyone!

But logic does not always come into play with the INS does it...