publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: can being an excellent student help you.??

I was wondering if being an excellent student, can help you get a green card/resident here in u.s.? I have been in this country for 10 years and I get good grades and I'm going to a city college right now. But my ultimate goal is to transfer to a california university next year, but because I don't have any papers like work permit or green card i can't go to an university. So if anyone can help me with some information or where I can go to talk to somebody here in California. I would greatly appreciated!!
    THanks, A Lot,
    Danilo

I was wondering if being an excellent student, can help you get a green card/resident here in u.s.? I have been in this country for 10 years and I get good grades and I'm going to a city college right now. But my ultimate goal is to transfer to a california university next year, but because I don't have any papers like work permit or green card i can't go to an university. So if anyone can help me with some information or where I can go to talk to somebody here in California. I would greatly appreciated!!
    THanks, A Lot,
    Danilo

If you entered without inspection, and it sounds like you did, then being an excellent student won't get you legal status. Some schools such as those in California aren't particular about immigration status and will admit illegal aliens, but you won't qualify for federal aid. Also, if you haven't lived in California and graduated from a California high school, then you won't even be eligible for in-state tuition under their rules for illegal aliens. Nor will you have the legal status to work before or after getting your degree. If you entered legally and violated the terms of your visa, the only way you can legalize is probably to marry a U.S. citizen.