50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I485

Recieved 2 approval letters for I130 one state "u indicated the person is in the USA and to request form I485", the other states "we have forwarded the original to NVC". The question is why two letters and why does it look like both contradict each other.

Recieved 2 approval letters for I130 one state "u indicated the person is in the USA and to request form I485", the other states "we have forwarded the original to NVC". The question is why two letters and why does it look like both contradict each other.

When your I-130 was file and by whom?
    What I understand, one of the uscis person had not read the complete I-130 form or he did not understand where are you.
    You should responed to a letter asking for I-485, complete the form and mail it to them and let see how they react.
    My friend who is an LPR file for his children I-130 in Nov.99 and other had file Dec.2000,both are waiting for approvals, One of them had tryed to file I-485 but uscis had returned to the parents asking for approval of I-130. which is still pending.

I mailed the i485 packet couple days ago, and wrote to NVC and USCIS updating them that i am still here with prove of my eligibilty status from F1 to pending case(V1 application). I am so heavy laden with this turtous journey

If you have a approval letters asking you to file I-485, then you should follow the path of uscis instructions and attached the copy of letter received from uscis and highlight where it say to submit I-485.
    you V-1 visa applicant?

I had to submit an application b4 getting out of status for my F1 when i finished OPT training and was having issues with H1 application. It happened my i130 got approved after i filed the V1 appilcation.

I guess the I485 will supercede the V1 application now or what do u think?

i have already mailed the i485 application with all docs, except medicals, i am praying for EAD now

I am not an expert/Lawyer in any field, Yes you are right V visa was created for those applicants who had been waiting for more the 4 years.
    If this is a case then I think uscis will approve your I-485 for AOS if your family is here and they are USC.
    Wish you all the best.
    Where are you from?