ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page

Immigration Daily


Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board



Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation


CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network




Connect to us

Make us Homepage



The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Immigration LLC.

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Getting Divorced!!!! What do i DO???

  1. #1
    I am from Europe, and got married nov.03 to my American wife. I recieved in November 04 my temp. Residency card and started my new job and in the same time started a new education as my wife is in the Air-force.
    She desided now without telling me to go out and have some fun around different people, and ended up telling me she wanted a Divorce.
    What do i do????
    I Never intended to enter the US just to be allowed to live here, im from demark and was happy there but feelt in love with my wife and ONLY because of her moved over here.
    I would not have a problem moving back home, but i now have an education and a large loan in the us, and are only able to use it here, and therefor have to stay atleast until i have payed the money back.
    what are the chances for me not to recieve permanent residency after the 2 years of temp residency, and do the immigration look very ill on you getting a divorce.
    Believe me i love my wife very much and would do anything i could to stay married, but i have no luck in doing so. So i am all on my own she hae kicked me out of the base we live on and are desperate, so please help me with some advise, if anyone knows anything about this situation i am in.
    Kind Regards

  2. #2
    First, you should collect as much evidence as you can that you entered your marriage in good faith like, pictures, letters from friends and relatives, proof of common household, any documents that show you have/had joint bank/loan accounts. If you can get any proof about her infidelity that would also help to argue your case. Second, 90 days prior to your card's expiration file form I-751 with a waiver of joint filing. Just make sure your divorce is final by that time. If a reasonable person after reviewing all the evidence believes you entered your marriage in good faith the condition on your green card will be removed.


  3. #3
    Sup has given u good piece of advice...collect all the evidences about ur bonafide marriage and if possible spend some money after getting evidences of your wife's extra-marital affairs.... you do not need to wait for filing I 751 if you are divorced...once u have divorce decree in hands...file I 751 waiver... I still recall one case that mohan has provided ...they had solid evidences of wife cheating on husband and they got their I 751 waiver approved without any question....

    Percentages of waiver one knows real numbers...everyone says different things...good luck...Pasha

Similar Threads

    By hamuda in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 07:02 AM
  2. I751 Divorced
    By shelly2020 in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-25-2007, 12:50 PM
  3. Being divorced before getting conditional GC
    By usb in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 08:23 AM
  4. divorced ...
    By newbam in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 07:05 PM
  5. getting divorced with H4 visa
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 02:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: