publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: How to prove continuous residence for N400?

Another N400 question for my german husband (a legal permanent resident with a GC) who is married to me, a USC and is now applying for N400:

The Immigration/ DHA never stamped my husband's passport when he travelled out of the US, which I think is just plain stupid, as just about EVERY country I have been to stamps an exit stamp in the passport.

During this time he went home to visit family for about 4 weeks per year - I was unable to go with him due to my work obligations:
    September 27 2001 left USA to visit home and returned to US Oct 17 2001.
    June 2 2002 left US to go home and returned to US on June 30 2002
    May 1 2003 left US to go home and returned to US on May 30 2003
    April 7 2004 left US to go home and returned to US on May 5 2004
    March 11 2005 left US to go home to visit home and returned home April 4 2005.

We never thought that he had to keep boarding passes. All he has to prove that he was here in the US are our utility bills, rent bills, phone bills, credit card transactions etc which are in both my husband's and my name. He also has his passport which has the date of entry into his home country, as well as an exit stamp of his home country + the date of arrival into the US.

SURELY the DHS/Immigration keeps an accurate, computerzied system whereby each time you leave on an international flight they scan your passport and each time you return they stamp and scan your passport so they have complete PROOF of the day you LEFT usa and the day you returned? Otherwise how on earth are you supposed to PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt the exact date you left USA soil when they don't stamp your passport?

Another N400 question for my german husband (a legal permanent resident with a GC) who is married to me, a USC and is now applying for N400:

The Immigration/ DHA never stamped my husband's passport when he travelled out of the US, which I think is just plain stupid, as just about EVERY country I have been to stamps an exit stamp in the passport.

During this time he went home to visit family for about 4 weeks per year - I was unable to go with him due to my work obligations:
    September 27 2001 left USA to visit home and returned to US Oct 17 2001.
    June 2 2002 left US to go home and returned to US on June 30 2002
    May 1 2003 left US to go home and returned to US on May 30 2003
    April 7 2004 left US to go home and returned to US on May 5 2004
    March 11 2005 left US to go home to visit home and returned home April 4 2005.

We never thought that he had to keep boarding passes. All he has to prove that he was here in the US are our utility bills, rent bills, phone bills, credit card transactions etc which are in both my husband's and my name. He also has his passport which has the date of entry into his home country, as well as an exit stamp of his home country + the date of arrival into the US.

SURELY the DHS/Immigration keeps an accurate, computerzied system whereby each time you leave on an international flight they scan your passport and each time you return they stamp and scan your passport so they have complete PROOF of the day you LEFT usa and the day you returned? Otherwise how on earth are you supposed to PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt the exact date you left USA soil when they don't stamp your passport?

No proof of any kind is required. Just put the dates on the form.

I believe the US immigration does not keep ANY record of departure for a Green Card holder .... only arrival records.

SOHAL: You should stop giving out ****** advice like that. Not only it is highly ILLEGAL to ly on an application like that, it also carried serious consequences!!! Misrepresentation of a material fact is a serious crime that the CIS will not take lightly

Provide all dates Outs and Ins. As long as each trip is less than six months, there will be no problem. No need to keep boarding passes. They will as during interview the passport(s) and green card. I was not asked any thing, I was asked to give my passport and green card. No income tax papes and nothing else. Just simple test and I was out in 10 minutes.

What a lucy guy you are.