free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-130 wait? of file for K-3

I have heard that the I-130 and K-3 interviews
    can come very close together if I also file for a K-3. Is it beneficila to wait for the I-130 and if I do, what happens to the K-3 Application? Does that mess up the USCIS?
    God knows they don't need me to help them in that regard

can come very close together if I also file for a K-3. Is it beneficila to wait for the I-130 and if I do, what happens to the K-3 Application? Does that mess up the USCIS?
    God knows they don't need me to help them in that regard

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by honestlyspkng:
    God knows they don't need me to help them in that regard </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We applied for K-3 and I got the impression they'd pretty much ignored it in favour of the I-130. It came back about 2 months before our interview at the Consulate with a request for more evidence (the same evidence we'd filed for I-130). Since we'd already shelled out the fees for the IR-1, we didn't bother.

If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find the other threads related to the K-3 vs IR-1/CR-1 topic.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Hi honestlyskng there is a site called www.immigrate2us.net they will be able to answer your question as they deal with those issues on a daily basis.
    "Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes everywhere will be war"...................BOB MARLEY

Thanks guys;
    how long did it take for your interview Aroha?
    If I bring her here on a K-3 is her interview still in Kiev? Will she have to go back for the interview? This is beginning to get crazy. The idea of the K-3 is supposed to be for her to wait in the US while the I-130 goes through to eliminate the long time apart. My previous marriage was done on a K-1 which took only 6 months. Is that the way to go if we do not want to be apart a long time?

It was about 12 1/2 months between the time we applied and our interview date. My case may have been unique, but if you get to the point where you're starting to process the CR-1, then you'd be better off sticking with that.

She will have an interview before being granted the K-3, and then she can travel to the US where you'd apply for an adjustment of status (along with EAD auth etc etc).

I should also mention that my file was put in to administrative review for 2 months due to (we believe) a previous immigration history on both our parts. My husband had filed for his ex-fiancée years before I met him and the application was abandoned before it went anywhere. We also began the process when we first got married and abandoned it when he came to live in my country. I don't know if that was a factor with the I-29F delay, but it's something to keep in mind with regards to your situation.

If I were you, I'd look at the K-1, but again, the other sites we suggested will probably have more personal experience of both the Ukraine, and the K-1/K-3 filings.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Thanks Caribbean
    I checked out the site and it was helpful. I hope everything goes well for everyone here. I will be back to post after I wed to let everyone know the timeline etc.
    I have a friend who is a lawyer in Kiev and maybe he can facilitate things. I can only hope