free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: US work permit help please

I work for a restaurant that allows transfers to the US after six months and I am very interested in working in the US. I have found some info on doing this but I'm a little confused. The site says that you have to have a skilled trade and I would be employed as a server, would that qualify? the visa name is H-1 B any help?

I work for a restaurant that allows transfers to the US after six months and I am very interested in working in the US. I have found some info on doing this but I'm a little confused. The site says that you have to have a skilled trade and I would be employed as a server, would that qualify? the visa name is H-1 B any help?

working visa? it will take u forever. marry someone.. in just how many months u got ur papers.

Isn't that highly illegal?? I do have an american boyfriend but I'm not sure that I'm ready to marry. Even if I was wouldn't it take a while for a permit to work in this country?

if you overstay here thats gonna be illegal but if u marry ur bf as soon as possible everything will be ok. don't waste your time do it!

I have another question, I called the CIS helpline and didn't get an answer for this question. The first person I spoke to said that it would be possible for me to marry and go through the papers while im in the states (I'm in canada now) She then transfered me too someone else who wouldn't tell me how has anyone heard of this?? If so could you tell me what to do and how to do it. Don't get me wrong I want to go about this legally. I am in my own country right now.

I forgot also if I would be using the processing center in vermont how long would I have to wait before I could work. And whatever way I go about this I need to be able to go home (canada) at a moments notice I have two very sick family members

what country u are right now? DO you plan to marry your BF?

I am in canada. Yes Im planning to marry him.

If u want to go here right away ask ur BF to file for fiance visa and marry him here in US within 90 days (K-1 visa). but if u intend to marry there in canada is alright the same process. try this site http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?pg=examples