free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Help on Letters to Senator and congressman needed

Hi Friends,
    After the elections are over on Nov 2nd I will be starting writing letters to our local congressman and senator regarding an enquiry in my green-card application and about its status. My questions are 1) Do any of you guys have a sample letter or a format I can use to write this letter? 2) Do you guys think I should contact senators/congressman of Philly (PA) or Chicago (IL) or both since I had filed my application in Chicago but now I live in Philly? Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated as always. Thank you so much. God bless us all.

Raju

Hi Friends,
    After the elections are over on Nov 2nd I will be starting writing letters to our local congressman and senator regarding an enquiry in my green-card application and about its status. My questions are 1) Do any of you guys have a sample letter or a format I can use to write this letter? 2) Do you guys think I should contact senators/congressman of Philly (PA) or Chicago (IL) or both since I had filed my application in Chicago but now I live in Philly? Your help in this matter is greatly appreciated as always. Thank you so much. God bless us all.

Raju

whatever state you are registered to vote in is always a good option. If you are in the process of changing your residency, you may want to consider that fact.

Before writing a letter. Call the office directly and speak to someone. They will ask you to fax a letter to them... but then you can call back to verify that it arrived. A phone call is much harder to ignore than a letter or an e-mail.

how can he be registered to vote if he doesn't even have a green card

I think what Spouse meant to say is that you should contact the congressional office servicing the state in which you reside. Appointed officials offer service to their constituents, and would be more inclined to assist a prospective future voter.