Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: help plz

hi
    first of all thank you for reading my problem
    well my situation is that i have a coming court date with an immigration court
    and i m going to ask for voluntary deportation, and my question is if i get a
    voluntary deporation from the judge how do i leave the usa because the ins has
    my passport so i would like to know how the process works and how to obtain my
    passport.
    so please this matter is very important if you can just tell me how the process
    works since the ins has my passport how are they going to give it to me so i can
    leave.
    thank you

hi
    first of all thank you for reading my problem
    well my situation is that i have a coming court date with an immigration court
    and i m going to ask for voluntary deportation, and my question is if i get a
    voluntary deporation from the judge how do i leave the usa because the ins has
    my passport so i would like to know how the process works and how to obtain my
    passport.
    so please this matter is very important if you can just tell me how the process
    works since the ins has my passport how are they going to give it to me so i can
    leave.
    thank you

well If you have no crime other then overstay you will be granted Voluntary departure and Ijj will give you 30-60 days to leave the country , you can either ask the passport right there on hearing and Court will guide you Or you can take the letter to Dhe office to get you passport. you should know that you need your passport for transit visa to the transit country if you are travelling thru any transit country where depends upon the rules of transit country.
    Sometime DHs will ask you to buy ticket and then they will give you passport, in that case you can ask DHS to arrange for Transit visa for you visa FAX and give your approx travel date.
    One more thing, you will be asked to waive the right to appeal to get order of voluntry departure. this will make sure you will leave and if not the you will be bar for another 5 years for any relief and other monetry panelties etc.. ( whole new story) . my advise is if you want voluntary departure then make sure you will leave the country other wise you will be in worse condition then denial case. good luck.
    Its a discussion, not a legal advise..