50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Labor Certification processing time

My Labor Certification Application has been pending with the NJ department of labor since December of 2001. When I call their hotline, and on the published processing times on the DOL website (and ilw.com) it is posted as December 2001 as well, so I know my case will reach there soon. However, the DOL recently updated the disclosure info on such cases, and it seems that cases that were filed with the state significantly after my case (as late as June 2003) were already processed and certified by the regional office in September of 2003(!) So for some people it takes 3 months to wait for the entire process, while I have to sit and wait over 2 years before my case is even looked at. When I ask my lawyer he says all we can do is sit and wait. But it seems that there is a way to expedite the process.

By the way, my case was filed as "Reduction in Recruitment" whereas some of the expedited cases were, and some weren't. The most extreme example is the guy who filed for regular processing (not RIR), in 6/03 and was certified on 9/03.

The complete disclosure info can be found in the DOL website:
    http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

My question is: how can a case be expedited?

My Labor Certification Application has been pending with the NJ department of labor since December of 2001. When I call their hotline, and on the published processing times on the DOL website (and ilw.com) it is posted as December 2001 as well, so I know my case will reach there soon. However, the DOL recently updated the disclosure info on such cases, and it seems that cases that were filed with the state significantly after my case (as late as June 2003) were already processed and certified by the regional office in September of 2003(!) So for some people it takes 3 months to wait for the entire process, while I have to sit and wait over 2 years before my case is even looked at. When I ask my lawyer he says all we can do is sit and wait. But it seems that there is a way to expedite the process.

By the way, my case was filed as "Reduction in Recruitment" whereas some of the expedited cases were, and some weren't. The most extreme example is the guy who filed for regular processing (not RIR), in 6/03 and was certified on 9/03.

The complete disclosure info can be found in the DOL website:
    http://www.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

My question is: how can a case be expedited?

Hi Cosmo,

I am not sure if this is the same in NJ, but in California there were several types of cases that were "on hold" pending clarification from the federal office of the DOL (this is according to Martin Rios,certifying officer in San Francisco). The situation here was that there were so many high tech jobs being lost that the regional office decided not to process any high-tech related cases until they had more guidence. Therefore, cases for other types of positions, even if they were filed much later, were being proceesed while the other cases just sat there.

To answer your question, I don't believe that there is any way to expidite a case that is pending.

Is the labor certification for an Unskilled or Skilled job??

My case is for a skilled job. (i.e. I am a professional with a BA degree and am working on an H-1b). I just noticed that some of the other cases which were processed exepditiously by the NJ DOL were for Rutgers University faculty. However, there are also cases such as a Marble Setter which was submitted to the state 2/13/03 and was certified (by the regional office) 4/1/03.

I am trying to figure out if there any kind of pattern to which cases are processed before others. So far there are 2 possible logical explanations:

1: There is no logic to this system at all
    2: Some people either "have connections" at the Alien LC office, or "buy" connections, if you know what I mean...

I am in the same situation I filed my R&R in Sept 2001 in California. It's not a high tech job. Everytime DOL regarding my case it just says my case was remanded to the State. I have waited for 3 years and still nothing is happening. I need to know how much longer do we have to wait.