50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: SEARCH: I-751 and separation RESULTS: wow

OK, so I've been gone the last 2 days reading through this boards, um, comprehensive posts on removal of conditions while separated.

I've decided that I will give the I-751 interview a shot - it's only a week or two away and I'd say my chances are fair...maybe 50/50?

(If you don't recall my previous posts - USC husband and I have been separated and living in different states for the last year and a half, about 8 months of my 2 yr conditional GC - he is very co-operative and was more than happy top file the joint petition and show for the interview)

At the very least it will allow my dear husband and I( and his 7 month pregnant gf ) to move on with things already! And, I can add another real story of I-751 interview to some of the other immi help sites, as most don't have much on the topic at all.

OK, so in looking at my original petition I am beginning to think that we were selected for an interview for several reasons besides the obvious separation issue. First of all, this was about the crappiest petition I have ever filed - I had barely any evidence, just one lease, two ( not notarized) affidavits, and a letter explaining my criminal record since becoming a conditional resident. I should have included the final dispositions from court that indicate that although I do have several arrests, I have never been convicted of a crime. I simply told USCIS that I was unable to get the records in time and would supply them at a later date.....OK, my point here is 1) was I on crack? this is so important and I did it like some last minute term paper and 2)gee - why would they want to see me for an interview? Separated from the spouse who petitioned me, legal troubles, lazy with respect to the USCIS process....lovely.

I am hoping that at least some of these issues can be resolved my giving a good interview with plenty of evidence establishing a good faith marriage (which I do have).

Anyhow - hopefully someone can learn from my careless mistakes, and avoid the insane mess I have left myself to clean up.

Oh, and as I stated in the title to this post, consider searching I-751 and divorce/separation posts on this site before posting a question that y'all have answered 50 times! (and BTW - thanks for not biting my head off for doing so!)

OK, so I've been gone the last 2 days reading through this boards, um, comprehensive posts on removal of conditions while separated.

I've decided that I will give the I-751 interview a shot - it's only a week or two away and I'd say my chances are fair...maybe 50/50?

(If you don't recall my previous posts - USC husband and I have been separated and living in different states for the last year and a half, about 8 months of my 2 yr conditional GC - he is very co-operative and was more than happy top file the joint petition and show for the interview)

At the very least it will allow my dear husband and I( and his 7 month pregnant gf ) to move on with things already! And, I can add another real story of I-751 interview to some of the other immi help sites, as most don't have much on the topic at all.

OK, so in looking at my original petition I am beginning to think that we were selected for an interview for several reasons besides the obvious separation issue. First of all, this was about the crappiest petition I have ever filed - I had barely any evidence, just one lease, two ( not notarized) affidavits, and a letter explaining my criminal record since becoming a conditional resident. I should have included the final dispositions from court that indicate that although I do have several arrests, I have never been convicted of a crime. I simply told USCIS that I was unable to get the records in time and would supply them at a later date.....OK, my point here is 1) was I on crack? this is so important and I did it like some last minute term paper and 2)gee - why would they want to see me for an interview? Separated from the spouse who petitioned me, legal troubles, lazy with respect to the USCIS process....lovely.

I am hoping that at least some of these issues can be resolved my giving a good interview with plenty of evidence establishing a good faith marriage (which I do have).

Anyhow - hopefully someone can learn from my careless mistakes, and avoid the insane mess I have left myself to clean up.

Oh, and as I stated in the title to this post, consider searching I-751 and divorce/separation posts on this site before posting a question that y'all have answered 50 times! (and BTW - thanks for not biting my head off for doing so!)

Yea, this is kind of a useless post, as most anyone who would take the time to find and utilize this website would probably not be dumb enough to post a dumb question you have already addressed or submit a last minute I-751, especially given marriage breakdown and arrests...then again, it takes all types to make this world spin round, don't it?

But - on a happy note, I am putting together quite a package for the interview. Still have a ton to do, but hey, the whole meticulous, methodical, perfectionist type me has reemerged - lets hope it's not too late.

No I-751 has ever been denied. Thats the fact. It is just an annoying process to make money for the government and to scam US Citizens. Look at this guy, a criminal, scammer who flung together some half rate application; he will get approved, mark my words.