50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Bad immigration lawyer

Sometime ago I hired new lawyer to take care of my case and now I think I made one of the worst choices of my life.I have few questions and if someone can help me I will veru much appreciate that.
    Currently the lawyer's office receives all the letters from INS and I know that when they send information about me to my lawyer they( INS ) have to send the same letter to my address bu I'm not receiving anything.Can simple Change of Address form help me solve this problem so that all the information comes to my address not the address of the lawyer's firm?

How can I get rid of this lawyer without hiring new one for the moment because obviously next time I need to choose much more carefully?

Is it possible to sue the lawyer or file a complaint against her if a have prove of all the mistakes she made,mistakes that affected seriously my case?Where can I do that?

Thank you very much in advance

Sometime ago I hired new lawyer to take care of my case and now I think I made one of the worst choices of my life.I have few questions and if someone can help me I will veru much appreciate that.
    Currently the lawyer's office receives all the letters from INS and I know that when they send information about me to my lawyer they( INS ) have to send the same letter to my address bu I'm not receiving anything.Can simple Change of Address form help me solve this problem so that all the information comes to my address not the address of the lawyer's firm?

How can I get rid of this lawyer without hiring new one for the moment because obviously next time I need to choose much more carefully?

Is it possible to sue the lawyer or file a complaint against her if a have prove of all the mistakes she made,mistakes that affected seriously my case?Where can I do that?

Thank you very much in advance

Check and see if your lawyer is listed on the followind site:

http://www.usdoj.gov/eoir/

Scroll to the bottom and you will find a list of suspended and expelled practitioners. Good luck.

What probably happened in you case is that the attorney completed his address in all the boxes and that is why you are not receiving correspondence. One you may want to call the 1-800 number and let them know that you have fired your attorney and would like all future correspondence to be sent to you directly. Two send a certified return receipt to the office handling your case including your case number and indicating that you would like to have all correspondence sent to you directly. Good luck!

Hey guys! I know a better named Peter C.Ghiz who is specialized in General Litigation, Family Law, Corporate Law, Insurance Law, Employment Law, Intellectual Property, Real Property, Estate Law, Commercial Transactions, Wills and other general practices.