50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrested, ICE hold placed, released...

Last year I was arrested for driving without a license in Atlanta area. I posted bail but as I was changing into my clothes, an ICE agent took me into an office and asked me a bunch of questions, after that, he said I was going to be deported...
    I spent 3 days in jail while my brother, (a US citizen by birth) took my passport and other immigration papers I had initiated in 1998, (of which the petition for relative was approved, but the adjustment denied due to a drug charge in 1996) to the officer.
    Well, somehow, my brother convinced the officer to let me go based on these papers. To my surprise, when they called my name I thought I was on my way to an immigrations detention center, but when they kept opening doors, and as I went through the last one I saw my brother and I couldn't believe what was happening to me... Now, I did have an immigrations hold, it was on the sheriff's website.
    Now, a year later, that officer is calling me wanting me to go by "his office" to pick up my passport, which expired in 1998. Should I go? Or is there any way to make him send it to the Argentina embassy, or just throw it away?
    I'm afraid he made a mistake in letting me go. One condition he asked for was that I redo all my papers, which I did, but were denied almost immediately. Any ideas on what to do next? I need a couple of years to save up some money to go back on my own. I am really tired of not being able to drive and having to hide like a criminal. I pay all my taxes and have been a model (non) citizen since my charge in 96. I made a mistake, and im not asking for citizenship at all. I just need a couple of years to make as much money as possible before going back to my beloved country. I shouldve done it before, by I became complacent, and my two children have to at least finish middle school. Looking for a way to milk it until then. Ideas?

If you were released, then there is no problem in going to pick up your passport.

Someone12
    and you wonder why Argentina lost the visa waiver privilege???? because of cow tur.ds like you, who obviously have zero respect for the laws of other nations (and probably little for your own country's rules as well)...a plane ticket doesn't cost much....and by the way, how much have YOU paid towards your brats' education in MY country??? How much property tax have YOU paid? (0) So go home and 'milk' your cows or your sister.

El estado de Washington seria el mejor lugar para que te movieras , incluso puedes obtener una licencia de conducir , y lo bueno es que ahorres un poco , yo creo que Dios te habrio esa puerta de la carcel para darte una oportunidad mas . aprovechala ,che .

Someone12
    fredy no tiene mas inteligencia de mierda.

Originally posted by Someone12:
    and you wonder why Argentina lost the visa waiver privilege???? because of cow tur.ds like you, who obviously have zero respect for the laws of other nations (and probably little for your own country's rules as well)...a plane ticket doesn't cost much....and by the way, how much have YOU paid towards your brats' education in MY country??? How much property tax have YOU paid? (0) So go home and 'milk' your cows or your sister.
    Argentina lost it's visa waiver because of an economic meltdown and the fear of a mass migration to the US.. NOT because I gave a joint to a cop. Which it didn't or otherwise wouldn't happen because 90% of Argentinians prefer Europe anyways.
    I got 2 years probation and finished it without problems. I pay my taxes every year as I work on my own. I have every single year of taxes done and filed since 1993, the year I came here.

So Someone12, If you are frustrated by personal issues, please take it out on someone else. Or get a girlfriend or something.

To everyone else who were polite,

I'm not trying to sound like an @ss by saying I want to "milk it" I owe a great debt of gratitude to this country, but I just can't go back without a dime. Along the way, I lost sense of what was happening around me and couldn't realize that immigrations was tightening it's noose so much until I got arrested for driving to provide, decently, for my family.

Anyways, I talked to a friend of a friend who is a criminal lawyer, I have to see him tomorrow, but he told me NOT to go get my passport unless I was explicitly told by the ICE officer that I have a warrant or hold to answer to, in which case I should turn myself in through him. If there is a warrant, I will go in, I have nothing to hide as showing up to the court date for driving with a revoked license can prove. got time served and an $800 fine, (The fine seems to me is all they're worried about anyways).

Thanks for the replies...

Originally posted by davdah:
    Good idea, as soon as he tries to make to Washington state he'll get picked up at any number of check points. Don't think about flying. The ID check at the airport will have him flagged. Any more bright ideas?
    I know about flying and illegals... No problem there. The next time I move it will be to my country. And the more I think about it, the more I miss being there so my goal is to leave on my own as close to forced deportation as possible..

Originally posted by Fredy:
    El estado de Washington seria el mejor lugar para que te movieras , incluso puedes obtener una licencia de conducir , y lo bueno es que ahorres un poco , yo creo que Dios te habrio esa puerta de la carcel para darte una oportunidad mas . aprovechala ,che .
    No me puedo mudar, tengo un mortgage, mis hijos en la misma escuela desde hace años, mi mujer tiene su trabajo y sus amistades aqui en Atlanta. Es imposible. Soy un tipo realista. Se que me va a tocar tarde o temprano tener que irme, pero irse al pais de uno no siempre es malo. La Argentina no esta tan mal ahora. La mayoria de mis amigos nunca se fueron y estan bien. El problema mio es que me echen en bolas sin un peso y estoy buscando la manera de alargar el tramite asi junto lo mas posible y me voy por mi cuenta. Este pais no es el mejor pais del mundo, y lo tratan a uno como si fuese el mejor premio de la vida ganarse el nombre de estados unidos y el nombre de uno en el mismo papelito. Veremos lo que pasa con mi caso.

uh, Ya veo . estas tratando de vender la casa , a lo mejor si la vendes puedes sacar un dinero .No te desanimes amigo , Mi hermano estubo asi por un buen tiempo y se fue hasta que el quizo . Te deseo lo mejor che y recuerda que hay luz al final del tunel .

Originally posted by davdah:
    Good idea, as soon as he tries to make to Washington state he'll get picked up at any number of check points. Don't think about flying. The ID check at the airport will have him flagged. Any more bright ideas?
    there are no checkpoints going to Washington . You think I was born yesterday . There no checkpoints . you are just an ignorant , tell me where is a checkpoint in Washington state , that is the frienly state for Illegal immigrats . Without Illegals that state goes bankrupt , all of the white trash don't know how to work in the field . Go colect your walfare loser!

Originally posted by Someone12:
    fredy no tiene mas inteligencia de mierda.
    Que inteligencia la que tienes ignorante , ni siquiera te sabes expresar , es una lastima que ocupes espacio, tu vida es un desperdicio , pero de todas formas , Vaya con Dios !