50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Need help

After 5 years my daughter's I-130 was approved, since she is a student here, What are the papers I will have to file for her AOS.
    Appreciate your help.

After 5 years my daughter's I-130 was approved, since she is a student here, What are the papers I will have to file for her AOS.
    Appreciate your help.

when the priority date becomes current, your daughter files I-485 (and I-765 for EAD, I-131 for AP if she wants to work and travel while the adjustment of status is pending)

Thanks, aneri: Her date is current at this time,
    When her date is current do you think it will still be pending. Do you know how long it will take to her I-551.

Once the I-551 is issued to her she should be eligible to work, this will be another fee for both of the forms you refer to.
    Please let us know what will be the best way to complete this process. Thank you

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FSN:
    When her date is current do you think it will still be pending. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> what do you mean?

How long it will take to become a permanent resident depends on the local office. Check the processing times.

Whether to file for EAD and AP depends on your daughter's personal situation. Does she plan to work as soon as possible or stay in school? Any plans for travel...If it looks like it will take years before she gets an interview for GC, maybe it would be a good idea to get EAD, AP. On the other hand, if it takes a few months, and she wants to stay in school for a year or longer, maybe she has no need for EAD...

She can always apply for EAD, AP after submitting I-485.

Once I submit I-485, and all other papers as required by the AOS, since her visa number is available how long it takes to get her I-551 Card?

I already submitted all the papers to Chicago Office.
    Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:How long it will take to become a permanent resident depends on the local office. Check the processing times. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>