publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Should I go to my LULAC interview if my husband has....

...recently received his green card? We both filed under LULAC several years ago. My husband went to his interview last year and was turned down. Our attorney filed an appeal and he was subsequently granted his Green Card. We immediately filed an I-817 based on my husbands new status. I was turned down, the BCIS claiming my husband did not qualify as a sponsor. Apparently they did not know he is now a legal resident. We have filed an appeal. Meanwhile I am scheduled for a LULAC interview in a couple weeks. I feel my case as the spouse of a legal immigrant is much stronger than my LULAC case. What should I do? Go to the LULAC case interview and explain that I wished to pursue the spouse option and not pursue LULAC? My husbands interview did not go well, although he prevailed on appeal. I feel my case is weaker than his and don't want to take the LULAC route if I don't have to. Your comments?

...recently received his green card? We both filed under LULAC several years ago. My husband went to his interview last year and was turned down. Our attorney filed an appeal and he was subsequently granted his Green Card. We immediately filed an I-817 based on my husbands new status. I was turned down, the BCIS claiming my husband did not qualify as a sponsor. Apparently they did not know he is now a legal resident. We have filed an appeal. Meanwhile I am scheduled for a LULAC interview in a couple weeks. I feel my case as the spouse of a legal immigrant is much stronger than my LULAC case. What should I do? Go to the LULAC case interview and explain that I wished to pursue the spouse option and not pursue LULAC? My husbands interview did not go well, although he prevailed on appeal. I feel my case is weaker than his and don't want to take the LULAC route if I don't have to. Your comments?

Hi Bigely
    You said you husband filed under LULAC, was it LULAC under LIFE Legalization or LULAC under the new settlements, May you please explain to us why the USCIS turned your husband down? How did he enter the U.S the first time and the second time, what kind of evidence does he had from 1982-88. After his denial did he appeal to Administrative Appeal Office (AAO) in Washington D, C?
    What was the attorney's argument? How long it took to receive a decision after the appeal? Which office your husband had his interview at for legalization.
    Your answer and explanations will help people in this portal to give better advice.
    I wish you best of luck.