free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brought here as a child

The father of my newborn was brought across the border at 12 years old. At some point he was given a green c& a social security card. He is now 32 years o& all those documents have expired. Now that we have our little girl I am terrified that some how or some way he will be deported. He is an upstanding citizen & has held the same job for over 10 years. I would like to marry him but without valid I.D. I dont think its possible. Does any one have any answers that may help my situation?

The father of my newborn was brought across the border at 12 years old. At some point he was given a green c& a social security card. He is now 32 years o& all those documents have expired. Now that we have our little girl I am terrified that some how or some way he will be deported. He is an upstanding citizen & has held the same job for over 10 years. I would like to marry him but without valid I.D. I dont think its possible. Does any one have any answers that may help my situation?

u can marry him even if he doesn't have the valid driver lic. He can show valid passport from his country which he can get from d consulates here. They only need to see the valid identification. Hopefully this will help.

Does he still have that green card or any documentation that came along with it? An expired green card does not necessarily mean he's no longer a permanent resident. You need to find that out before taking any other steps and keep your fingers crossed that renewing it is all he needs to do.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

If he had a green card and it expired, then all he has to do is go to the USCIS and file an I-90 to get a new one. Unless he was previously deported or is deportable for some reason there should be no reason to fear anything.

listen very carfully do not let him get into any kind of trouble with the police or taxes ! make sure he is filing his taxes correctly! these are the main 2 things thay look at when someone is deported or asking to stay! i hate to brake your spirits but even if you marry him that dose not mean he will stay .acually that mean he will have to go back for a certain amount of time to prove is moral conduct as a citizen. meanin he has to prove he wants to be legally and is not going to try to come back by jumping. it is one of the stupidist rules that imegration has but its true. honestly your best bet is to try to keep him here as long as possible> and im not trying to discourage you in any way but thay always get caught sometime . my husband was in jail lots of times and never got caught until 6 months ago for something stupid. if or when he gets caght ask for a volentary departure that sends them back but without a time bar forom the u.s. if you have any other questions on this please feel free to call me ! 402-601-2126 you are in my prayers
    *RACIST MAKE ME SICK*

I cant thank you enough for all the advice. To answer some of your questions. Every type of I.D. he has expired. He has not ever been in trouble with the law. He does have a birth certificate. I also forgot to mention that he was brought over by coyotes hired by his parents. This was at the age of 12 & has never been back since. He files his taxes every year. Dont children who brought here with out choice & forced to live here Have any special rights? THEY WERE CHILREN!!! What else are they suppose to do?

Yes, they were children. And because of that, while they are still children, they're immune to most immigration enforcement. They don't start accumulating illegal presence until 6 months after their 18th birthday, when they are legally adults. Other than that, no. They have no special rights.

You really need to look in to the green card thing. As was mentioned, just because the date has expired, doesn't mean his status has.

Also, lonley mom, remove your phone number. You should NEVER post your personal information on a public forum - especially not one with as many crazies as we have here.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch