Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Complicated Situation

Hi all,
    I told my friends about this site and now they are asking me to post their questions so here I'm once again .
    The situation is that there are 2 brothers one has green card and one is USC. The one (bro#1) who has green card married in home country but his wife came into US as 2nd brother's (bro #2) fiance whoz USC. Now she is pregnant from her real husband(bro. #1)will this effect her case? her I-130 has been approved. I know it's lawfully wrong but hey whoz perfect here?

Hi all,
    I told my friends about this site and now they are asking me to post their questions so here I'm once again .
    The situation is that there are 2 brothers one has green card and one is USC. The one (bro#1) who has green card married in home country but his wife came into US as 2nd brother's (bro #2) fiance whoz USC. Now she is pregnant from her real husband(bro. #1)will this effect her case? her I-130 has been approved. I know it's lawfully wrong but hey whoz perfect here?

You're kidding...right?

no!She is only married to the first brother the 2nd brother is only helping them to get her here fast and be with her husband. The 2nd brother paper married her but not living together and doesn't have anykind of physical or any other relationship with her.
    Don't be so shocked i've seen these kinda cases before too. I know this married lady who paper married her uncle and was brought here then after the green card they file the divorce and now she is living with her husband and 3 kids.
    If we can do human clonning than why is this a big shock? anything can happen

Well, let's see. All 3 are committing fraud. From the sound of it, if she's on a fiancee visa, she has to "marry" the US citizen brother within 90 days or she's out of status anyway. If she "marries" her brother-in-law then she's committing bigamy, which is not only a problem with immigration but has civil penalties as well. Even if she gets a green card, the situation puts her and her real husband at risk at any time of being found out and deported. If you know, you can bet others know, and someone might one day decide to get even for something or just plain feel conscientious. Naturalization wouldn't even guarantee that they're protected from deportation because it would be achieved by a fraud. Oh, yes, the US citizen's name would have to go on the baby's birth certificate, which would make him liable to support the child.

Thanx Aliba,
    I know but the USC is planning to file the divorce once she gets her green card. Will there still be problem for her? if she remarries her real husband after the divorce can the child's father name be changed or it'll be left as it is?

The point, Sammi, is that she and her husband will never be able to be sure that they won't be found out. Fraud is a basis for revoking not only the green card, but citizenship. Any of what she's proposing to do will send up flags. None of the three can ever be sure they won't be found out. That's what they'll have to live with for however long they remain in the US. And of course, the baby may find it interesting when it's older--wonder what he'll think with his "father's" name on his birth certificate and his "adoptive father". It's also very trusting of the real husband to believe that his brother won't take advantage of the situation. As for your question, it's very tough to change a birth certificate and will get her into precisely the issues she can't afford to raise. That's the problem with lies--tell one, and it has to be supported by a whole web of them, until the mess becomes difficult if not impossible to untangle.

hmmm....i agree that all three of them are in trouble but what to do NOW? they are already in this situation it's not matter of choice anymore. Nobody knows about their status not even the lawyers I mean legally lawyers know that she is the wife of the 2nd brother but everyone else in the family and freinds know her as the 1st brother's wife.
    So you saying just keep quiet and don't say nothing to anyone which what they are doing right now..Right?
    Thank you so much for ure help

Keeping quiet doesn't do anything for their situation. They're just going to get in deeper. My suggestion--tell the truth to their lawyer. At some point, they will probably need him or her to get them out of the mess they've put themselves in.

So the bro #2 and the woman are married now? I can't believe you asked if it would matter if she's pregnant. All those relatives know the situation and no one is worried that one will rat them out?