free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waiver

Are Forms I-601 and I-212 enough to allow me entry into the U.S. or must other waivers accompany them also?

My husband suffers from frailty and needs me to return to the U.S. to be his caregiver. I was deported for illegal entry and criminal convictions three years ago. Will both Forms I-601 and I-212 be enough to allow me re-entry or do we need to file additional waivers?

Are Forms I-601 and I-212 enough to allow me entry into the U.S. or must other waivers accompany them also?

My husband suffers from frailty and needs me to return to the U.S. to be his caregiver. I was deported for illegal entry and criminal convictions three years ago. Will both Forms I-601 and I-212 be enough to allow me re-entry or do we need to file additional waivers?

It seems to me that your husband would also have to file an I-130.

(And you regulars need to step up and tell me if I'm wrong.)
    --------------------
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Can I ask you some questions?
    Why did youget deported??? was it because you entered illegal OR criminal convictions???
    What status did you have prior to be deported??
    Where are you from???

You will need a good waiver, with alot of evidence to show that your husband needs you in the U.S. and that he can't move to your country. Since you have a criminal conviction you are going to have a harder time getting the waiver. You have to be able to show that you have reformed. Which country are you in?
    I am not a lawyer! I don't give legal advice! I just state my opinion!

I got deported for violating probation repeatedly and I was adjusting my status prior to being deported. I'm from Nicaragua. I signed to be deported and quit fighting my case in the U.S. as the attorney suggested and my husband and I did abandon our case a year ago but since have decided to give it another go.

Also, can someone please, tell me if the Waiver of Inadmissibility, to receive Relief from Deportation the same as Form I-601; Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility, to apply for re-entry after deportation? I haven't got around to researching Form I-601's requirements yet.

I do have several convictions for possession of controlled substances of more than 30 grams of marijuana but I wasn't charged as a drug trafficker, but a drug user instead. And I know one of the requirements of the Waiver of Inadmissibility is no conviction for possession of controlled substances of more than 30 grams of marijuana but I don't know if it's an Application for Waiver of Ground of Inadmissibility requirement also.

here's a link
    where I-601 being discussed.

I-601 Waiver

were you under TPS?
    Is your husband USC?

I'm not familiar with the term TPS and yes, my husband is a 71y.o. born-USC of Irish descent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by se_vnt3:
    I'm not familiar with the term TPS and yes, my husband is a 71y.o. born-USC of Irish descent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TPS = Temporary Protected Status. Has you husband filed any paperwork for you at all?