free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Please help me

Hi,

I have a problem. I am a priest with a Hindu temple in Mumbai, India. I want to apply for a R-1 visa, but the problem is that the USCIS denied my application for a change of employer and extension of stay when I was recently in the US (till March 5).
    I was recently in the US for about 3.5 years. My wife also was with me, and both of us were on R-1 visas, as priests from Oct. 05 to march 09. We were originally sponsored by the Phoenix branh of the same organization as the temmple in Mumbai. The Denver temple (branch of the same organization) as the temmple in Mumbai) had filed a i-129 to change my employer from the temple's Phoenix branch to the Denver branch, and also a simultaneous request for an extension of stay. This was filed in
    Jam. 07. The USCIS did not give any decision for a long time. Then in Nov. 07 a USCIS inspector came to the Denver temple to do a visit. Was very rough, rude and hostile. Did not even enter inside the temple to inspect, but just stood outside. He came on 2 week days around 1 pm when the temple was empty. Did not come again on a Sunday which is when the congregation comes and the temple is active. Then in Nov. 08 the USCIS sent a Intent to Deny notice saying it wanted to deny the petition
    because of the adverse inspection report - temple does not have any congregation (actually temple has about 1500 plus congregation).
    They said i was not doing any religious services when actually the fact was that the inspector came after I finished my services.
    Said the temple does not not have enough funds to pay the salaires of its staff. Actually we were all receiving salaries. He said we did not have any brochures, nothing, when we gave all this to the USCIS at the time of filing, and also showed him some of them.
    The Denver temple filed a response to the Intent to Deny Notice. The USCIS acknowledged this on its website and said, "case processing has resumed." But then on Jan. 21 it sent the denial notice saying that the case was denied because the Denver temple did not file any response to the Intent to Deny.
    The Denver temple was fed upp and did not want to file a Motion to Reopen. So we left the US on March 9th.
    So since the case is a bit complicated, I was wondering if anybody on this forum knows an experienced lawyer who can help with this new religous visa R-1 petition. Not one of those paper pushing attorneys as somebody said on this forum.

I have a temple in West Virginia, which is willing to sponsor me and my wife for new R-1 visas.

I will be really grateful for any assistance.

Thanks
    Rajmohan

Hi,

I have a problem. I am a priest with a Hindu temple in Mumbai, India. I want to apply for a R-1 visa, but the problem is that the USCIS denied my application for a change of employer and extension of stay when I was recently in the US (till March 5).
    I was recently in the US for about 3.5 years. My wife also was with me, and both of us were on R-1 visas, as priests from Oct. 05 to march 09. We were originally sponsored by the Phoenix branh of the same organization as the temmple in Mumbai. The Denver temple (branch of the same organization) as the temmple in Mumbai) had filed a i-129 to change my employer from the temple's Phoenix branch to the Denver branch, and also a simultaneous request for an extension of stay. This was filed in
    Jam. 07. The USCIS did not give any decision for a long time. Then in Nov. 07 a USCIS inspector came to the Denver temple to do a visit. Was very rough, rude and hostile. Did not even enter inside the temple to inspect, but just stood outside. He came on 2 week days around 1 pm when the temple was empty. Did not come again on a Sunday which is when the congregation comes and the temple is active. Then in Nov. 08 the USCIS sent a Intent to Deny notice saying it wanted to deny the petition
    because of the adverse inspection report - temple does not have any congregation (actually temple has about 1500 plus congregation).
    They said i was not doing any religious services when actually the fact was that the inspector came after I finished my services.
    Said the temple does not not have enough funds to pay the salaires of its staff. Actually we were all receiving salaries. He said we did not have any brochures, nothing, when we gave all this to the USCIS at the time of filing, and also showed him some of them.
    The Denver temple filed a response to the Intent to Deny Notice. The USCIS acknowledged this on its website and said, "case processing has resumed." But then on Jan. 21 it sent the denial notice saying that the case was denied because the Denver temple did not file any response to the Intent to Deny.
    The Denver temple was fed upp and did not want to file a Motion to Reopen. So we left the US on March 9th.
    So since the case is a bit complicated, I was wondering if anybody on this forum knows an experienced lawyer who can help with this new religous visa R-1 petition. Not one of those paper pushing attorneys as somebody said on this forum.

I have a temple in West Virginia, which is willing to sponsor me and my wife for new R-1 visas.

I will be really grateful for any assistance.

Thanks
    Rajmohan

What was the reason for the denial? Was it for fraud or intending immigrant?

It appears on the surface that your pattern is to live in the U.S. given the changes in employment and location, as well as applying for another position in the U.S.

You could also being denied for fraud, e.g. you are using the priesthood as cover to work elsewhere or you are not receiving the proper salary.

What did the consulate notate on your passport or what did it say in its denial?

Dear Federale,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it. This denial happened while I and my wife were already in US, working as priests, not at the Consulate. As I said this petition was a i-129 for change of employment from Phoenix to Denver and a simulataneous extension of stay.

I was not working anywhere else and the denial also did not say this. This is what the Intent to Deny Notice said, "The temple failed the compliance review based on the fact that the petitioner does not have the ability to pay the beneficiary's salary and remuneration package. In addition the petitioner failed to provide evidence of ongoing activities on the part of the beneficiary and he also failed to show that the beneficiary's services were needed by the organization."

This was not true because we were regularly paid salaries for the time that we were there. Not only we but also around 5 other employees also of the temple were paid salaries. Also as I said in my earlier post, the USCIS inspector came at a time when the temmple was closed in the afteroon, when nobody was there, and I had finished my services. This we had indicated in my services schedule which we gave to the USCIS at the time of flling the petition. But still he came after my services were finished for the morning. We had even given so many photographs of me doing religious services in the temple and at people's homes. But all these were ignored.

Someone12
    who cares?

Hello All,

I Hope I Have come to the Right place? This Is The Snake Charmer Religeon thread correct???? Big $$$$$.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

They cannot deny based on such an inspection. They must have had more. How were you paid? Cash, check? payroll service company? Obviously they have more information.