free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: elp for another friend, non immigrant visa question

Hi guys, I need help for another situation! If someone overstayed their tourist visa (for 7 years) and wants to return to the states what options does he have?? Here's the situation: Ovbtained a tourist visa when 2o years old, overstayed for 7 seven years. Returned to home country, hates it there. No qualifying family here, only distant relatives. Mom is a US citizen, but lives overseas. He is 30 years old now and wants to return to America.
    No criminal record, no other inadmissibility issues, just the overstay. Is there any way he can immigrate here permanently with these conditions? What about temporary? If a non immigrant visa is the only option, how do you apply for the waiver and what are the form numbers? Sorry a little complex, thanks for the input!

Hi guys, I need help for another situation! If someone overstayed their tourist visa (for 7 years) and wants to return to the states what options does he have?? Here's the situation: Ovbtained a tourist visa when 2o years old, overstayed for 7 seven years. Returned to home country, hates it there. No qualifying family here, only distant relatives. Mom is a US citizen, but lives overseas. He is 30 years old now and wants to return to America.
    No criminal record, no other inadmissibility issues, just the overstay. Is there any way he can immigrate here permanently with these conditions? What about temporary? If a non immigrant visa is the only option, how do you apply for the waiver and what are the form numbers? Sorry a little complex, thanks for the input!

Typing so fast.....supposed to say help, not elp, sorry!

Yes, I was aware of the ban. I was inquiring as to what other options there were with a waiver for either permanent or non permanant immigration. I know about the waivers for the immigrant visa, but what about waiver for the non immigrant visa, like for school or work?

His mom is a USC, but lives overseas.
    What about for a student visa?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Don't think there are any. The waivers were done due to family separation issues. Which apply to immigrant only for the most part. If the mom or dad were USC prior to birth he may have a shot even if he was born over seas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever happened to: if you do not know the answer to the question , then just do not answer it?

Yes there are waivers for non immigrant visa. In fact, some have come to usa on non immigrant visa with waiver, and their previous ban (immigrant visa) had not been served completely . situations and circumstances play a big part.

read here

What an unfortunate situation of bad choices he made. When did the mother obtain usc status?

Hey, thanks 4now. Yeah, I agree, dumb choice to overstay the visa. He was really young and was given some bad info about having some kind of legal right to be here because his mom was a USC. He actually went back to apply there and was turned down because mom did not have domicile in the US. Plus I think he is too old to apply under mom. I'm honestly not sure when mom became a USC. I'll have to find out.
    Other than a qualifying relative, is there any other way he can legally immigrate, either permamnetly or temporarily? I know he's under the 10 year ban, so even in ten years, what choices will be available to him?
    Thanx for the article btw, it helped.

Davdah,
    All of his family are there and he does have strong ties to his country (job, property, family).

4now,
    I reread the article and could not find the name of the form for the waiver to use. Do you have a USCIS form number that is used for this type of waiver? There's not alot of info out there on these types of waivers, but they don't seem that hard to get if you meet the criteria.

He can apply for any immigrant or non-immigrant visa, but he needs a waiver approved to get any of them, student, diversity visa, H1B, etc.