50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I would like to bring my gf to the US but.

Hi this is my first post please forgive me if this question has been ask. first I am an USC for more than three years now. I met my gf in Thailand. We have been comunicate by e-mail and phone since I left Thailand. I had been back Thailand twice to met her. Now I would like to bring her here in the US but the problem is she is my cousin, first cousin. Am I going to have a problem with the law here? Is the INS going to reject my case? I'm so worry about this I'm really really want to live with her. It's been like three years already that we have to live apart. Would any one please anwer my question I would be appreciate and thank you in advance.

Hi this is my first post please forgive me if this question has been ask. first I am an USC for more than three years now. I met my gf in Thailand. We have been comunicate by e-mail and phone since I left Thailand. I had been back Thailand twice to met her. Now I would like to bring her here in the US but the problem is she is my cousin, first cousin. Am I going to have a problem with the law here? Is the INS going to reject my case? I'm so worry about this I'm really really want to live with her. It's been like three years already that we have to live apart. Would any one please anwer my question I would be appreciate and thank you in advance.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baipai:
    Hi this is my first post please forgive me if this question has been ask. first I am an USC for more than three years now. I met my gf in Thailand. We have been comunicate by e-mail and phone since I left Thailand. I had been back Thailand twice to met her. Now I would like to bring her here in the US but the problem is she is my cousin, first cousin. Am I going to have a problem with the law here? Is the INS going to reject my case? I'm so worry about this I'm really really want to live with her. It's been like three years already that we have to live apart. Would any one please anwer my question I would be appreciate and thank you in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG !!! You are kidding, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by baipai:
    Hi this is my first post please forgive me if this question has been ask. first I am an USC for more than three years now. I met my gf in Thailand. We have been comunicate by e-mail and phone since I left Thailand. I had been back Thailand twice to met her. Now I would like to bring her here in the US but the problem is she is my cousin, first cousin. Am I going to have a problem with the law here? Is the INS going to reject my case? I'm so worry about this I'm really really want to live with her. It's been like three years already that we have to live apart. Would any one please anwer my question I would be appreciate and thank you in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    First, congradulations on becoming a USC. Second, I am assuming your gf cousin is related by marriage, not by blood. If by marriage, there will be no problems here. If by blood, it will create problems for your marriage. Third,if your gf is related only by marriage and BOTH of you are serious about having a serious, deep relationship, then file I-129F, the Fiance visa. This is the simpliest, direct approach for your ultimate dream to come true. You can find it here for more information on bringing your gf over.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by user99:

OMG !!! You are kidding, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    If she is related by marriage, then it will be fine. If not, that would violate local law.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

unless you are from a HillBilly State,where family marriage is "natural" lol

What an incestous relationship. The dangers of incest are numerous including birth defects. Talk of forbidden fruit.

Thank you guys. I am not kidding. Yes she is relate to me by blood, a daughter of my mother's sister. We are aware about having a birth defect or abnormal. So can i still bring her here as a fiance? Thank you

Thank you guys. I am not kidding. Yes she is relate to me by blood, a daughter of my mother's sister. We are aware about having a birth defect or abnormal. So can i still bring her here as a fiance? Thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Well, you are going to have several problems if you bring her on any fiance/wife visa. It will be against state law for family members to marry, if if both consent. Second, USCIS might see this as immigration fraud. Third, you will have to clearly explain the cultural nuances, if there are any, that marriage to your cousin is for love and is culturally acceptable in your and her culture. Not sure if both of you are Thai, but I do not think this is the norm for Thai culture as well.

Best advise is to seek other avenues, like employment or school, if she really wants to come to the US.

Hudson: With all due respect, but the couple's cultural norms in their country of origin are completely IRRELEVANT. Given that they aspire to live in America, it is only OUR cultural (and legal) norms that are relevant.

Americans need to find their backbone...and stop pandering to immigrants. We should expect immigrants to assimilate to our norms and to speak our language...and the fact that we are apparently pandering to THEIR cultural and linguistic norms is outrageous.

Quite honestly, if an immigrant's cultural norms are so important to them, perhaps they should stay home.