50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: 2nd Fingerprints

So, it's been over a year now since my interview and fingerprints for my I-485. Yesterday I got a letter that I have to be fingerprinted again. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

So, it's been over a year now since my interview and fingerprints for my I-485. Yesterday I got a letter that I have to be fingerprinted again. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Hi Herbit,

I found the following: (Hope it helps)

http://www.jackson-hertogs.com/jh/faq/6054.pdf

4. I have been scheduled for another fingerprint appointment although I have already had my fingerprints taken, do I still have to appear?

Yes, you should appear. There are many reasons USCIS may require additional fingerprints from you. If your fingerprints were taken over 15 months ago, they are "expired" and new fingerprints will be needed to continue processing of your case. In addition, USCIS may request that you and/or your family
    members appear for a "biometrics" appointment prior to the approval of the AOS. The biometrics
    appointment consists of an index finger print, photograph, and signature and is used to generate the Permanent Resident Card ("Green Card"). You may be called in to re-do the biometrics appointment depending on the length of time that has passed since the initial appointment.

What are you now secretary for every OP? These bunch of idiots cannot do research by themselves and American productivity is diminished by USC doing work for these idiots.
    Michael (Power of ILW)
    Supreme Lord and Chief of ILW.com

This is normal. The finger print expires in 15 months so they ask you to do another one. It usually means your security background is cleared and you will be interview soon.

Thank you for the response. I already had my interview. I really hope they give me good news soon! Thanks again for the response!!