Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would i need a UK Visa???

Hello Friends,
    Just had a quick question. Me and my wife are traveling to India in Oct and I have a 5-6 hour stopover in London (and on return as well) I was wondering do I need a UK transit visa? I am an Indian citizen and a US Permanent Resident (Green-card holder) and my wife is a USC. Thanks for all your help friends. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Raju

Hello Friends,
    Just had a quick question. Me and my wife are traveling to India in Oct and I have a 5-6 hour stopover in London (and on return as well) I was wondering do I need a UK transit visa? I am an Indian citizen and a US Permanent Resident (Green-card holder) and my wife is a USC. Thanks for all your help friends. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

Raju

You may want to call UK Embassy and ask

Someone12
    ask jake01...she no doubt knows all the visa rules of her own country, but be careful...she has NO respect for the laws of the US.

Jake01 has it all over you S12. You're just crying because you're jealous!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    ask jake01...she no doubt knows all the visa rules of her own country, but be careful...she has NO respect for the laws of the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I dont know the immigration Laws of my Country, I do know you get 6 months in UK on tourist visa,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Raju:
    Hello Friends,

Raju </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Raju, if you do not want to go out of the air port at UK then you do not need a UK visa as long as your Permanent Resident Card is valid. Even if you want to stay there for less than 24 hours you can request the immigration officer at the port of entry in UK. They usually let the people go out for less than 24 hours, having a valid US visa or green card.

Hello RationalE,ProudUSC,Someone12,Jake01
    Thank you for your response. Well after reading UK consulate visa page it looks like people need transit visa if their green-card was issued BEFORE April 1998. Well mine was issued in Aug 2005 and is valid till 2015 so I guess I don't need a visa. Thank you so much for your response friends I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.
    Raju

Hello Young Man,
    Thank you for your response. No me and my wife will be in London airport for just few hour or so then we fly to India so no time to go out of the airport. Thank god I don't need a visa waste of time and money. Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.
    Raju

It will probably take 6 hrs just to get to your next terminal and gate! lol
    You are right though, you would really not have time to leave the airport anyway, and security takes ages to get back through.

Have a safe trip
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.