50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Signature on Application

On N400 Part 11 should I write my full name as my signature or just sign it with abbreviations like the way we do it on bank checks?

On N400 Part 11 should I write my full name as my signature or just sign it with abbreviations like the way we do it on bank checks?

Hi Mura and welcome,

I would think you should sign your full name on the citizenship application. Good luck.

Thanks ProudUSC.

I thought I need to sign my name the way we write checks etc (Not the Full Name).

Your name should be signed exactly as it is on your greencard .

Make sure you enclose the documents asked for, pictures and not the originals.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muralipandali:
    On N400 Part 11 should I write my full Name as my signature or just sign it with abbreviations like the way we do it on bank checks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

East Hampton [Long Island], New York [USA]
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by muralipandali:
    On N400 Part 11 should I write my full Name as my signature or just sign it with abbreviations like the way we do it on bank checks? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to sign in there in your current signature as you sign on checks...etc. Some people do change their signature at time. USCIS don't have any hard and fast rule on how to sign on this part of the application but they did have specific guideline until a month or two ago on signing the photos and naturalization certificate and even the Part 13 of the application. But it has all changed now. Now there is no any rule. Applicants can sign in a way as they like. But it's very important to have same signature on photos and naturalization certificate; otherwise applicants could face many problems with other agencies in dealing with them...for example, with passport office. However, some officers still ask applicants to sign in a certain way. Some ask to print name in full, while others ask in cursive...and then other officers don't mind anything...

Good luck...