50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: The Last Option?

Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with me.
    I have gotten very close with a woman and would like to know my options regarding getting her permanent residency here in the States.
    I know that I could exercise the marriage option under normal circumstances; however, I think that in this particular situation it may not apply. I hope that my assumption is incorrect...

She has been here for 9 years now and I just met her about a year and a half ago in Boston. During the 9 years she has filed for the green card via all possible methods that I have read about (marriage, asylum). Currently, she is waiting for the results to come in from her appeal of the asylum case. The appeal is primarily based on her approved case for the battered woman act.

My question is this;

If her last attempt for the green card via the appeal is declined and declared deported, can I legally marry this woman?

Keep in mind that she already tried the marriage option and failed.

Thank you so much for taking the time to chat with me.
    I have gotten very close with a woman and would like to know my options regarding getting her permanent residency here in the States.
    I know that I could exercise the marriage option under normal circumstances; however, I think that in this particular situation it may not apply. I hope that my assumption is incorrect...

She has been here for 9 years now and I just met her about a year and a half ago in Boston. During the 9 years she has filed for the green card via all possible methods that I have read about (marriage, asylum). Currently, she is waiting for the results to come in from her appeal of the asylum case. The appeal is primarily based on her approved case for the battered woman act.

My question is this;

If her last attempt for the green card via the appeal is declined and declared deported, can I legally marry this woman?

Keep in mind that she already tried the marriage option and failed.

In my opinion, it will be very hard for you two, if you get married, to prove that your marriage is bona fide and not just for the reason of her getting GC. I'm not saying it's not possible, I just think it might me hard.
    In the other hand, I believe that there's always something around people who are genuinely in love and the immigration people might just see that. GOOD LUCK!

Yes, you can marry her. All her matters about 'overstay' here will be pardoned by a marriage to USC. But you will have to prove your marriage was 'bona fide' as Jika stated - you both will go through an interwiev with an USCIS officer later.
    This process is long and painful anyways - she will probably have to stay over here for about 2 years untill her GC is processed but - provided she originally entered the USA legally - she has a good chance to establish her residence by marrying you.
    I just hope you guys will have a great life together!!!!! Good luck!

But I do not understand that part "Keep in mind that she already tried the marriage option and failed." ... please explain this. Do you say she tried to marry someone just on purpose or what? Beware, I hope this will not happen to you too, buddy!
    さん,がんばれ!

You can marry any women,even her..the problem won't be you, it is going to be her and with Immigration.Since they denied the marriage option with her before,it's not gonna make any difference...

Where is this women originally by the way from,that way you can yourself determine,if asylum would even be considered...

but just from experience and from stories,people who try to get married in order to get a green card are being denied and everyhting else did not work and cases are still pending...and during that time or even after another denial,another new marriage -
    INS will deny it again...

how is she even here for 9 years and has not even a green card and all the denies she has received?