50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 /Attorny /USCIS

I have applied for I 751 -Removal of condition on green card.
    I have retain an attorney to help me to meet this removal of condition on greencard.

My question is that uscis will send any letter of interview to my address or to my attorney's address?

I have retain an attorney to help me to meet this removal of condition on greencard.

My question is that uscis will send any letter of interview to my address or to my attorney's address?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by shahkr:

My question is that uscis will send any letter of interview to my address or to my attorney's address? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Are you self petitioning or is this a joint petition?
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

shahkr - Have you already received the receipt for your I-751? If so, did this receipt notice come to you or your attorney, or both? If your attorney put his name and address on the form and checked that he wanted to have notices sent to him, then all notices should go to him. However, the USCIS sometimes messes this up and sends notices to you and your attorney, and sometimes "forgets" to send any notice to your attorney at all. If I were you I would make sure that USCIS has your correct address and contact your attorney's office frequently to see if they have received anything on your case. You should also check the status of the case online.
    Note: This is not legal advice. For legal advice contact a competent immigration attorney. http://asylumlaw.blogspot.com

Here is my question.

Why would You even hire an attorney for this? unless something is fishy or not right.

I mean,its a waste of money,any child can fill out the i-751 application form or any application form for that matter and gather all the information and evidence you need.

I don't get it. To me,if I was the officer rewieving it "having an attorney to remove the conditions" would raise my eye brow.

If everyhting was right and legit,no attorney is needed.Believe me!

Here "imagine you are the immigration officer reviewing and approving I-751 applications"

You have 20 application for one day...all 19 applicants filed their form,by themselfs,nicely and normally,with eveidence and what not...
    then the last 20th one is filed with an attorney,now use your imagination,how the officers first thought and impression will be???
    . . . .Exactly!

I might be wrong, but I doubt it!