free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Back!!!!!

Hello fellow ILWers......I thought I would drop by to read posts and say hi. My 6th anniversary of becoming a US citizen is coming up in March and I was just interested to see how things have changed if at all. With the exception of that current idiot in the white house and hugely higher fees for green cards and citizenship compared to when I went through the process, it looks like nothing much has changed. I was curious to know whether my experience still rings true.......by this I mean I don't know what the processing times are these days but back when I was an immigrant(LEGAL), the processing times were horrendous in PA and so I moved to VT a state that had a very small immigrant population and I was able to cut my processing time for my citizenship from an approximate 18 months in PA to just a couple in VT.

Also I would like to make the comment to all those seeking to immigrate here LEGALLY, you don't need a lawyer to file for a green card or citizenship...just a little bit of patience and focus to fill out all the forms and collect all the evidence. I only say this because it still shocks me to this day to still see LEGAL immigrants use lawyers to file for a green card.

One last piece of advice to green card holders, the second you are able and eligible to, file for citizenship because you never know what is around the corner in life. I never understand why some people stay green card holders forever....always running the risk of something happening that could cause them to lose their green card, always have to inform the US government of where you are etc. When I came to this country I never had any intention of leaving but now I may leave for a few years so that my kids can go to university in England which is so much more cheaper than here. If I was still a green card holder, I would have to go through the hassle of getting a re-entry visa but I come and go as I please.....and it is great being able to walk straight through immigration at both ends in the US and UK because of my dual nationality. Ok folks I am rambling now..........I just wanted to say hi to all the LEGAL people who frequent this great forum.

Hello fellow ILWers......I thought I would drop by to read posts and say hi. My 6th anniversary of becoming a US citizen is coming up in March and I was just interested to see how things have changed if at all. With the exception of that current idiot in the white house and hugely higher fees for green cards and citizenship compared to when I went through the process, it looks like nothing much has changed. I was curious to know whether my experience still rings true.......by this I mean I don't know what the processing times are these days but back when I was an immigrant(LEGAL), the processing times were horrendous in PA and so I moved to VT a state that had a very small immigrant population and I was able to cut my processing time for my citizenship from an approximate 18 months in PA to just a couple in VT.

Also I would like to make the comment to all those seeking to immigrate here LEGALLY, you don't need a lawyer to file for a green card or citizenship...just a little bit of patience and focus to fill out all the forms and collect all the evidence. I only say this because it still shocks me to this day to still see LEGAL immigrants use lawyers to file for a green card.

One last piece of advice to green card holders, the second you are able and eligible to, file for citizenship because you never know what is around the corner in life. I never understand why some people stay green card holders forever....always running the risk of something happening that could cause them to lose their green card, always have to inform the US government of where you are etc. When I came to this country I never had any intention of leaving but now I may leave for a few years so that my kids can go to university in England which is so much more cheaper than here. If I was still a green card holder, I would have to go through the hassle of getting a re-entry visa but I come and go as I please.....and it is great being able to walk straight through immigration at both ends in the US and UK because of my dual nationality. Ok folks I am rambling now..........I just wanted to say hi to all the LEGAL people who frequent this great forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With the exception of that current idiot in the white house and hugely higher fees for green cards and citizenship compared to when I went through the process, it looks like nothing much has changed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you sound idiot!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With the exception of that current idiot in the white house and hugely higher fees for green cards and citizenship compared to when I went through the process, it looks like nothing much has changed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you sound idiot! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Obama is okay. Congress is the problem and they have been for quite some time, despite who is President. It's getting old. The President is the easiest to target for problems, but our government has three branches. Many people forget this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:

I don't think I deserved that comment.......why don't you try learning f**king english you ignorant a***ole....You are either an illegal or more likely a brain dead obama follower. Why don't you and big ears fly off into the sunset and take his cr**py policies with you

Dear Paddy,

Message from the Moderator:

one more attempt of using bad language, u will be banned from using this website and will be under the IP track for further action....' This is just a warning,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paddy:

I don't think I deserved that comment.......why don't you try learning f**king english you ignorant a***ole....You are either an illegal or more likely a brain dead obama follower. Why don't you and big ears fly off into the sunset and take his cr**py policies with you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paddy:

I don't think I deserved that comment.......why don't you try learning f**king english you ignorant a***ole....You are either an illegal or more likely a brain dead obama follower. Why don't you and big ears fly off into the sunset and take his cr**py policies with you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I could have made mention to your ignorance the first time around but choose not to. However, now that you challenge with profanity...I'll post your idiocy in detail.

Immigration is federally regulated and has nothing to do with where you live. You moving to VT to hasten your case is the most idiotic thing I have heard.

See, mostly that's why I said you do sound idiot. You call the president an idiot....?????
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

It is a message and warning from the moderator: no foul language, rule is very simple to follow

Dear Abercrombie,

Appreciate your help, but will ask not to give warnings from the moderator

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abercrombie_toronto:
    Dear Paddy,

Message from the Moderator:

one more attempt of using bad language, u will be banned from using this website and will be under the IP track for further action....' This is just a warning,

I don't think I deserved that comment.......why don't you try learning f**king english you ignorant a***ole....You are either an illegal or more likely a brain dead obama follower. Why don't you and big ears fly off into the sunset and take his cr**py policies with you </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooohhh, Aber get the moderator smackdown.