50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: visitor visa extension

I fallen sick,and been admitted in emergency for few days.My Doctor advised for complete bed rest for one month.I have all the documents from hospital ,and my doctor statement too.

My father is here who came to visit us,and he got visa till may 31st,but my husband wants to extend my father visa till july 11th.

My husband wants to take my father to cruise which we are planning in may ending.My question is should we apply for visa extension,or just go to cruise so that my father can get visa extension.
    what happens if we apply for visa extension ,and take my father to cruise.Will it create any problem to my father .
    Please advise.

Thank you.

I fallen sick,and been admitted in emergency for few days.My Doctor advised for complete bed rest for one month.I have all the documents from hospital ,and my doctor statement too.

My father is here who came to visit us,and he got visa till may 31st,but my husband wants to extend my father visa till july 11th.

My husband wants to take my father to cruise which we are planning in may ending.My question is should we apply for visa extension,or just go to cruise so that my father can get visa extension.
    what happens if we apply for visa extension ,and take my father to cruise.Will it create any problem to my father .
    Please advise.

Thank you.

If your father applies for an extension, then leaves the U.S., the extension is authomatically void and denied. However, to get another six months, you must depart the western hemisphere, as a trip to any place in the Western Hemisphere will not constitute a departure, as when your father returns, he will only get the time remaining on his original entry. This is called revalidation. For instance, if he leaves and has 30 days left on his admission, stays in the Western Hemisphere for 15 days, then returns to the U.S., he will only be given 15 more days in the U.S.

If he stays out 31 days and reapplies for admission, then he will be considered to be attempting to stay in the U.S. a year, and most likely be considered to be attempting to live in the U.S. with a non-immigrant visa.

The best bet is an extension. You risk much by attempting another entry so soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mantraks:

Please advise.

Thank you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    hello, and welcome to the forum.

Have your husband fill out I-539 and supply the medical documentation or a letter from the doctor or both. Ask for a specific amount of time that is reasonable for your father to stay and the reason or reasons why. File it as quickly as possible and hope for the expiration date has not passed.

also, filing for a visa extension will not create any problems for your father. What can cause a problem is him overstaying, entering the country too frequently, or possibly filing for an adjustment of status.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre