publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: please i need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

am an f-1 visa student,i have beeen in school in good status, but now i can,t afford to school to school before of serious financial reasons.i apply for work permit and i got that ,i have beeen working ,but they said i have to go to school this semseter and take full credit ,but don,t have the money to do that execpt if i work full time ,i have been going toschool for two years now.i talked to them about this at internation student office ,they said i have to return back to my country (there is war going on and have nobody there left).then they offered me some money to pay back .but ican,t afford to back it back now cos am not working and also they will not let me regsiter for school .i need serious help ,an working now and i think i can poay them off in 7months and go back to school .but will i go out of status and am scared they might come arrest me at home or at home and deport me ,am so scared .please help am orphan boy

am an f-1 visa student,i have beeen in school in good status, but now i can,t afford to school to school before of serious financial reasons.i apply for work permit and i got that ,i have beeen working ,but they said i have to go to school this semseter and take full credit ,but don,t have the money to do that execpt if i work full time ,i have been going toschool for two years now.i talked to them about this at internation student office ,they said i have to return back to my country (there is war going on and have nobody there left).then they offered me some money to pay back .but ican,t afford to back it back now cos am not working and also they will not let me regsiter for school .i need serious help ,an working now and i think i can poay them off in 7months and go back to school .but will i go out of status and am scared they might come arrest me at home or at home and deport me ,am so scared .please help am orphan boy

You might want to post your issue on www.immigrate2us.net also. Good luck.

Just some suggestions.

They offered you a loan? Take it, you can pay back after graduation - your primary goal is to get through school. Write appeals asking to ease your burden to whoever, like school president or dean. Apply for a credit card. Another option is enroll in some classes at a cheaper school, e.g. community college just to remain in status while you save some money. And don't keep quiet abour your problems, let your professors know - they may have some solutions for you. I know how hard it is but it CAN be done and all the troubles will be over before you know it.

they will not do any thing ,they can,t even allow me to register for classes,they said i have to pay everything i owe to be able to register for classes ,i talked to the president of international student ,we went together to the register office and begged them ,i was on my knees beging ,but the said is the school policy or whatever.they refused to help me with anything or ever allow me to regsiterat lest .am confused and am scared .if no solution .i might go into hidding ,cos if they deport me back to a country in war (no parents )what will i do .please what will i do hire a lawyer .cos it ****s so bad when u can,t fulfill your dreams in usa .please help

they messed me up so bad i register for classes last spring the drop it cos i could come up with money fast ,and i ended up paying 50% of those classes i didn,t take .i need serious help .i know someone out can help me.God bless u all as u come witha asolution to my problems

Don't panic!

Sounds as if you were on the railtrack, chased by high-speed train like Leslie Nielsen in "Wrongfully accused"

First, don't ever beg people on your knees.You will only disgust them by doing so.

Second, assess your situation realistically:
    what can YOU do to remedy yourself?

As F-1 you must have enough funds to support yourself.
    If your sponsor has difficulties that have arisen for reasons beyond his/her control *,then you could apply for EAD and work while studying.
    But you can't, under existing regulations, work more than 20 hours a week during "full time" session.
    Some exceptions are possible in extraordinary circumstances (increased work-hours, decreased course load, various discounts for books and tuition-if it is a small institution run by the owner and etc. ).

In the last analysis think if it worth all the trouble you are willing to put yourself through in order to remain and study here, while not having means to do so.

Your best bet is to man-up a little bit and decide for yourself what course of action you should take.

I wish you good luck,

E.

*(financial turmoil in home country or family/job loss of the sponsor and etc.)

Go above the idiots in Registrar's office! Ask who the whoever you're talking to boss is, and appeal to them. This will take time and effort, don't take NO for an answer right away. As i said, talk to your professors, ask them if they have any suggestions. Talk/write to your Dean of students. Talk/write to the head of financial services office. Be very explicit but concise while describing your hardship. Of course, it helps a lot if you are an oustanding student academically as well as oustanding in contributing to campus activities.

How much more time do you need to complete your degree? If it's a semester or two, you might include this in this basis for argument.

Look for additional employment opportunities, I know it's hard on F-1, but they ARE out there.

If it gets really bad, you could take an academic leave and leave the country, then come back to continue.

NEVER, NEVER accept an answer "it's our policy." Tell them you didn't come to them to hear another "policy" statement. As I said, speak to decision-makers, not some front-desk robots. Tell them you understand what they are saying but you need an EXCEPTION, and make sure you subtantiate your case well.

I understand how it feels, been there done that, try to get a student loan from indepedent financial insitution, you gonna have to pay for it after graduation but in installments not the whole amount, after you graduate, you can apply for a work visa if you have an employment offer, and u can pay like $50, $100 a month or whatever u can afford.