50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: CHILD CUSTODY AT 18 YRS

i have ask the question with different answer but i want more specific answer,as i said i thank every one for their contribution. but this boy is 18yrs living with the father and her mom who happen to be my friend pays child support for two kids here in austin,texas.but the other child who happen to be a gul is already 18yrs and move out of the fathers house to live with their mom even though their dad did not treat them right and they still seek help from their mom and she was there for them. i want to know if a child is 18 years did he or she has a right to live who ever he pr she want to live with? and seecondly did he or she also have the right to say i dont want my mom to pay shild support no more?....pls i needed a specific answer thanks...........from harrison

i have ask the question with different answer but i want more specific answer,as i said i thank every one for their contribution. but this boy is 18yrs living with the father and her mom who happen to be my friend pays child support for two kids here in austin,texas.but the other child who happen to be a gul is already 18yrs and move out of the fathers house to live with their mom even though their dad did not treat them right and they still seek help from their mom and she was there for them. i want to know if a child is 18 years did he or she has a right to live who ever he pr she want to live with? and seecondly did he or she also have the right to say i dont want my mom to pay shild support no more?....pls i needed a specific answer thanks...........from harrison

Most states (if not all) recognize the age of 18 to be an adult; therefore, the 18-year can choose with whom they want to live. Additionally, child support normally ends at the age of 18, so neither parent is required to provide support if they choose not to.