Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: advance parole

Here is my situation:

Married in Sept 2006 to a US citizen.
    Filed I-485, I-130, i-765 and I-131 in late Oct 2006.
    USCIS acknowledged receipt on Nov 2, 2006.
    Went for biometrics in mid November.

I have my i-485 interview scheduled for Feb 21, 2007. I am patiently waiting for my advance parole to come through. If I don't receive it before my interview in Feb, does the interview automatically allow you to leave the country? Or will I still have to wait for the advance parole to be approved after the interview? Just trying to (finally) plan our honeymoon...

Also, it is my understanding that I should be eligible to work as of Feb 2, 2007 (since USCIS acknowledged receipt on Nov 2, 2006)- that would be 90 days. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Here is my situation:

Married in Sept 2006 to a US citizen.
    Filed I-485, I-130, i-765 and I-131 in late Oct 2006.
    USCIS acknowledged receipt on Nov 2, 2006.
    Went for biometrics in mid November.

I have my i-485 interview scheduled for Feb 21, 2007. I am patiently waiting for my advance parole to come through. If I don't receive it before my interview in Feb, does the interview automatically allow you to leave the country? Or will I still have to wait for the advance parole to be approved after the interview? Just trying to (finally) plan our honeymoon...

Also, it is my understanding that I should be eligible to work as of Feb 2, 2007 (since USCIS acknowledged receipt on Nov 2, 2006)- that would be 90 days. Is this correct?

Thanks!

The interview does not allow you to leave the country. U have to pass the interview first. Depending on the officer, they might stamp your passport on that day(very rare these days) or tell you to go home and they will communicate.
    You have to wait for your EAD before you start working. It usually comes in the mail within 90 days.
    If i may ask ? Which office did u send your documents ?

Thanks, I understand I have to physically have the EAD in hand before I start work. I consulted a lawyer before I filed and she said if the EAD hasn't arrived by day 90, I can go to the local office to request it on the 91st day.

When I filed, I was living in MI and sent everything to teh Chicago Service Center. When I check online, it says my case is with the Missouri Service center. My first interview was scheduled for Detroit, but was cancelled b/c I moved in December. I moved to Illinois and my interview has been moved to the Chicago office (although online it still says my case is with Missouri Service center...maybe it hasn't updated?)

And to clarify something...the only way I can leave the country after my interview is if they stamp my passport that day? Otherwise I have to wait for my conditional permanent residency to come?

Thanks for your help.

Yes u can schedule an appointment after the 90 day period.
    You can also check the status of your EAD online using the receipt number.
    My case is also in Missouri Service center...but i can't find the processing dates online. I went for the interview late last month.
    Good luck

If your interview is successful, you may be granted Conditional Resident Status that day. However, unless they stamp your passport to that effect, you will need to receive your permanent resident card before traveling outside of the country.

all what was said here is correct; do not leave the country unless you have an advance parole.

Just one question - on what visa did you enter US?
    さん,がんばれ!