50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Cuban immigration advice

I would appreciate any advice anyone might have regarding my situation. I have applied for a K1 visa for my fiance who lives in Havana last year and all was going well, slow but well, until the interview. After reviewing all of his papers and telling him everything was in order, he was told that the required security clearance was not performed. This then means that the 6 months the National Visa center in the US had his file, they did nothing with it. The officer at the Interest Section in Havana said that as soon as he recieves clearance, my fiance will be granted the K1 visa, but until then we are just waiting possibly 3 to 4 more moths more. i feel as though we are paying for the US's mistakes with our time. I have tried to contact my Senator, but I am desperate and was wondering is anyone has another other advice. Thank you for your time in reading this posting.

I would appreciate any advice anyone might have regarding my situation. I have applied for a K1 visa for my fiance who lives in Havana last year and all was going well, slow but well, until the interview. After reviewing all of his papers and telling him everything was in order, he was told that the required security clearance was not performed. This then means that the 6 months the National Visa center in the US had his file, they did nothing with it. The officer at the Interest Section in Havana said that as soon as he recieves clearance, my fiance will be granted the K1 visa, but until then we are just waiting possibly 3 to 4 more moths more. i feel as though we are paying for the US's mistakes with our time. I have tried to contact my Senator, but I am desperate and was wondering is anyone has another other advice. Thank you for your time in reading this posting.

Michael
    Hello; Cuba is a COMMUNIST country HELLO

RG, contact the bureau of consular affairs in Washington, DC. You can find their phone numbers in the FOIA section of travel.state.gov , in the personnel directory. Anyone who has the Dept listed under acronym CA is with consular affairs. Also, dept of Homeland Security is in the same bldg and they do the FBI checks from there. She can look into her computer and read notes from the embassy on your case. Hope this info helps.

My fiance is Cuban too and we are just about finished with the process. I went to the Interests Section in December they explained the security clearance which has nothing to do the security clearane through the National Visa Center. They do a security in Cuba as well as the US so no one has fallen down on their job other than the fact they didn't "issue" a request for the clearance in Cuba. It should only take 2-4 weeks. If you want to email me directly please do at landbdancewithme@comcast.net

One more thing. While you're waiting for your security clearance don't forget to have your fiance get his "baja" or release from both the ration card and employer. Also build in a couple of weeks after the visa is issued for the Cuban exit permit which costs $150. Good luck

Hello rg21!, My name is Ramon, i am a 27 years old Cuban male, but i live in Brazil, i am the beneficiary of an immigrant petition filed by my father, a US citizen living in Florida. and i have been waiting for a very long time that clearance check to be done. The clearances they are talking about are the mandatory security checks required by the Patriot Act and the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Entry Reform Act. and for me is taking more than 4 months, now, my case is at this disscusion board as Consular Services by Ramon. Good luck Dear