free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: advice on i-485

Hi guys,

How's everyone from New York coping with the waiting time for I-485 interview? I got ***med and left New York last Christmas eve and move to Florida for good. It's been 30 months since i filed and no interview, no response from USCIS. The website only says they received my fingerprinting last January 2004 and processing is resumed. I asked help from my congresswoman but proved to be useless. The letter arrived saying that my case is being processed in Missouri (i know that already!). I also went to Federal plaza and the officer at the counter is as clueless as i am. So, i packed my bag and left. I am so frustrated with the system. Before i left, i dropped by at my lawyer's office who advised me not to file for a change of address as it will prolong the interview time or the paperwork can be lost during the transfer. He said that we'll just wait for the interview letter and decide if we write a change of address or just go for the interview at NYC and explain what happened. In your opinion or based in your experiences, what will you suggest?

Thanks a lot, once again.

Hi guys,

How's everyone from New York coping with the waiting time for I-485 interview? I got ***med and left New York last Christmas eve and move to Florida for good. It's been 30 months since i filed and no interview, no response from USCIS. The website only says they received my fingerprinting last January 2004 and processing is resumed. I asked help from my congresswoman but proved to be useless. The letter arrived saying that my case is being processed in Missouri (i know that already!). I also went to Federal plaza and the officer at the counter is as clueless as i am. So, i packed my bag and left. I am so frustrated with the system. Before i left, i dropped by at my lawyer's office who advised me not to file for a change of address as it will prolong the interview time or the paperwork can be lost during the transfer. He said that we'll just wait for the interview letter and decide if we write a change of address or just go for the interview at NYC and explain what happened. In your opinion or based in your experiences, what will you suggest?

Thanks a lot, once again.