50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Change in Family Immigration Law?

If you opened this you are curious, when, if Family Immigration Law might change to benefit you or your family.

Comprehensive immigration reform tanked, yet thousands if not millions of families that contain a US citizen or Legal Permanent Resident are still suffering.

There is only one thing that can "fix" these problems for many families, and it is a legislative fix. Yes you heard right, utilizing the "SYSTEM" you can change the system. No its not easy, but the old axiom "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" is true here.

LEGAL IMMIGRATION reform for deserving families did not happen because "the squeaky" wheel in Comprehensive was the "anti-immigration" movement.

If you have been watching and listening, and our organization has as well as keeping someone working on the hill in the background there are still some vehicles that might carry a solution for some families. If you fall into any of the following situations, then we need you and your help;

Immediate relative status for green card nuclear families

Family member who needs a Waiver for 3/10 or permanent bars.

Stuck in security checks

Fiancee child status protection

The answer lies with you. If you are willing to expend some time, effort to do the ONE THING that might change your situation please contact ;

americanfamiliesunited.org

We are in need of individuals in all congressional districts, and particularly those in districts where key Senators and Congressional Reps live.

As Jerry Maquire said, "help me help you".

If you opened this you are curious, when, if Family Immigration Law might change to benefit you or your family.

Comprehensive immigration reform tanked, yet thousands if not millions of families that contain a US citizen or Legal Permanent Resident are still suffering.

There is only one thing that can "fix" these problems for many families, and it is a legislative fix. Yes you heard right, utilizing the "SYSTEM" you can change the system. No its not easy, but the old axiom "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" is true here.

LEGAL IMMIGRATION reform for deserving families did not happen because "the squeaky" wheel in Comprehensive was the "anti-immigration" movement.

If you have been watching and listening, and our organization has as well as keeping someone working on the hill in the background there are still some vehicles that might carry a solution for some families. If you fall into any of the following situations, then we need you and your help;

Immediate relative status for green card nuclear families

Family member who needs a Waiver for 3/10 or permanent bars.

Stuck in security checks

Fiancee child status protection

The answer lies with you. If you are willing to expend some time, effort to do the ONE THING that might change your situation please contact ;

americanfamiliesunited.org

We are in need of individuals in all congressional districts, and particularly those in districts where key Senators and Congressional Reps live.

As Jerry Maquire said, "help me help you".
    "Being all fashioned of the self-same dust let us be merciful as well as just"
    Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Someone12
    I wouldn't give this "organization" the used motor oil from my car....no one should be rewarded for breaking our laws just because they marry some village idiot, citizen or green card holder. Close all loopholes to immigration....no adjustment of status except from a K1 or K3, no waivers for those who are too irresponsible and stupid to obey our laws...

Haha, I think the topic of this thread is clear enough to comprehend even for a naive 5th grader's intellect... the key word is FAMILY... how can one dare react when one has got none (or not capable of membership to any type of one)?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    I wouldn't give this "organization" the used motor oil from my car....no one should be rewarded for breaking our laws just because they marry some village idiot, citizen or green card holder. Close all loopholes to immigration....no adjustment of status except from a K1 or K3, no waivers for those who are too irresponsible and stupid to obey our laws... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In this case I would agree, just look at their web site, a load of half truths and lies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
    Close all loopholes to immigration....no adjustment of status except from a K1 or K3, no waivers for those who are too irresponsible and stupid to obey our laws... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am sorry you are so ill informed on current Immigration Law. One of our examples is as follows;

LPR's who are adjusting LEGALLY are the only class of LEGAL immigrants who have to wait to have a spouse follow, for 5-6-7 years. Students who have made no such commitment and H1B's can have a spouse follow immediately.

Compounding this is the LPR Spouse cannot visit here in the US while the LPR is adjusting. The LPR has to be in the US for a significant amount of time to adjust so it limits family travel.

We are talking about a "fix" for punishing someone for doing it LEGALLY and Correctly. We are not talking about a "loophole", but a POTHOLE and one of many in immigration law that is unfair to a certain class of immigrant.

Laws should be fair and evenly applied to all.

All of our provisions are to benefit a LEGAL PERMANENT RESIDENT or a US Citizen.

Perhaps you are better suited to a dictatorship than a Republic. You seem to believe its within the scope of the government to determine where nuclear family members should live.

The role of the government is to facilitate a citizens right of free association to marry and live in their own country with whomever they choose. (the exception being a terrorist)

You obviously do not understand the underlying Immigration Law I am referring to, nor does it apply to you.

Someone 12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">LPR's who are adjusting LEGALLY are the only class of LEGAL immigrants who have to wait to have a spouse follow, for 5-6-7 years. Students who have made no such commitment and H1B's can have a spouse follow immediately.

Compounding this is the LPR Spouse cannot visit here in the US while the LPR is adjusting. The LPR has to be in the US for a significant amount of time to adjust so it limits family travel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on someone... you have to agree that this is unfair and needs reform. H-1 and F1 should be under the same provisions as LPR. Just because they have not been extended the right to work.. they have been given the courtesy to be with their spouses. The f1 and h1 should not be allowed either.

I know that is what you are saying in your post, but I think RW is not really understanding what you mean.

RW

Immigration benefits are a benefit to the us citizen that the immigrant has been petioned by. Its not benefit to the LPR. LPR cannot have all the benefits of us citizen, otherwise there would be no need to become a citizen.

Thats right... key word is "citizen"

RW.. would you be satisfied if the rules were changed and h1 and f1 were subject to the same rules as LPR in a spousal situation?

Would you then deem it as fair.

and im sorry i have not yet had a chance to visit your site., but i will take a look at it soon.

Actually, in the point of contention that's being raised here, that dependents of nonimmigrant visa holders seem to enjoy undue benefits over those of permanent residents, let me offer my humble views please. Actually, Sections of INA 201, 202 and 203 are in place that provided for the same dependents of PRs either to join or to follow the principal immigrants. But the problems on delays and very long wait time lines result from the very limited, unrealistic, and outdated annual caps for F2 categories. So, in my opinion, if our legislative branch will just be realistic enough to recognize the ever-changing times and revisit these categories, either to increase the visa allocation or altogether remove the limits, this very discrepancy that's being discussed here and now will be corrected. There is where, I think, the magic lies. In fairness, Sen. Hillary Clinton tried to introduce same exact amendment to the now defunct CIR bill this summer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
    In fairness, Sen. Hillary Clinton tried to introduce same exact amendment to the now defunct CIR bill this summer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is correct Senator Clinton picked up one of our issues in an amendment to CIR.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/24/us...=1&oref=slogin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4now:

RW.. would you be satisfied if the rules were changed and h1 and f1 were subject to the same rules as LPR in a spousal situation?

Would you then deem it as fair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That seems a rather odd logic. What would be "fair" ? The LPR should have the benefit of having the spouse here and the H1B and F1 should wait to have their spouse's IF/when they make a commitment to citizenship like the LPR.

Unfortunately this one of many examples of a punitive stipulation in Immigration Law.