50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: re : Spectors bill any chance?

I was wondering: will the bill senator Mr Spector is proposing have a chance and if so when would it be implemented? I heard that he's proposing that immediate family members of USC be exempt from visa numbers in an effort to cut the backlog, that seems like a constructive move. No?

I was wondering: will the bill senator Mr Spector is proposing have a chance and if so when would it be implemented? I heard that he's proposing that immediate family members of USC be exempt from visa numbers in an effort to cut the backlog, that seems like a constructive move. No?

1. No Chance.
    2. N/A
    3. USC immediate relatives are exepmpt from numerical limitations, yet counted against 480.000 ceiling set for other Relatice Categories. Specter Bill would exempt USC immediate Relatives from being counted against ceiling.
    4. Very constructive. But see # 1.

Good Luck!

IE

with other countries presidents and state governors already clamoring for immigration reform, and people getting vocal of the border's ineffectiveness I think chances are high something will be implemented this year. Although it's improbable that Specter's bill will end up in it's true form , the bill will surely consist of strong enforcement and a guest worker program. A big part of the budget was already allocated this year to anticipate such immigration reform for the homeland security. It's already a given the senate will pass it's version,the only problem will be how to compromise it with the House and I think that's the time we'll see the administration come in and clear up what kind of reform it truly wants,because right now they have not really specified the kind of bill they want.

The problem remains, the house bill has issued with the Constitution and we're not talking minor details but flagrant violations. The Senate initiatives are not what the House wants.
    I would have any objection of legal nature regarding, for instance, a bill that would propose mandatory deportation for all illegals who are caught thus eliminating cancellation of removal. That draconian statute wouldn't violate the Constitution. I only have objections to any legislation, of any kind or nature, that presents a threat to the Constitution and the opinions of the U.S. Supreme Court.

I'm sure they will take it in consideration. isn't immigration under the judiciary committe of senate? So they're supposed to know about laws and any implications it might arise.but i'm not sure.