publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: AOS Interview Yesterday In NY but BIG Problem!!!!

I have been reading this board , and it was very helpful while getting information for my AOS file and Interview based on a marriage to a USC.

I had my interview yesterday in New York City , everything was fine and the lady said she was waiting for my background check to be back and that I would get a letter in the mail once everything is completed. Here is my BIG problem:

In 2000 I was under practical training after graduating from college, I had lost my original passport and gotten a letter from INS with a new I94 attached to it, I got a visa to Canada and went to visit some friends since I was told by my International student advisor that I could travel and return safely with my Paper from the immigration containing the replacement I94 and my I20 form...

I traveled more than 10 times going to party with my friends in Canada and always returned safely showing those documents ......then in 2000 on the way back ( I went by bus) at the border the officer asked my for my visa, I explained to him that "I lost my passport which had the visa but that I was issued a new I94 and I was told that I could travel with the documetns I had along with my I94"...in fact I showed him that i had been doing it for a while and was never questionned..the guy didn't want to hear anything, he got me off the bus and sent my passport to the office, nothing was written inside my passport, but a piece of paper was given to me and I was told to go back to Canada and get a visa...went back to Canada..the embassy told me that since I had graduated, nothing could be done for me, but that i should be allowed back in the US. I took another bus at night and this time the officer just said have a safe trip and I was allowed back in the country as before.

Now my question is the following, with my security check pending, could that be a problem??? as I have no idea if my name was put in some kind of database...I am really scared that this could harm me.

Any experience? advice?

Thanks a lot.

I have been reading this board , and it was very helpful while getting information for my AOS file and Interview based on a marriage to a USC.

I had my interview yesterday in New York City , everything was fine and the lady said she was waiting for my background check to be back and that I would get a letter in the mail once everything is completed. Here is my BIG problem:

In 2000 I was under practical training after graduating from college, I had lost my original passport and gotten a letter from INS with a new I94 attached to it, I got a visa to Canada and went to visit some friends since I was told by my International student advisor that I could travel and return safely with my Paper from the immigration containing the replacement I94 and my I20 form...

I traveled more than 10 times going to party with my friends in Canada and always returned safely showing those documents ......then in 2000 on the way back ( I went by bus) at the border the officer asked my for my visa, I explained to him that "I lost my passport which had the visa but that I was issued a new I94 and I was told that I could travel with the documetns I had along with my I94"...in fact I showed him that i had been doing it for a while and was never questionned..the guy didn't want to hear anything, he got me off the bus and sent my passport to the office, nothing was written inside my passport, but a piece of paper was given to me and I was told to go back to Canada and get a visa...went back to Canada..the embassy told me that since I had graduated, nothing could be done for me, but that i should be allowed back in the US. I took another bus at night and this time the officer just said have a safe trip and I was allowed back in the country as before.

Now my question is the following, with my security check pending, could that be a problem??? as I have no idea if my name was put in some kind of database...I am really scared that this could harm me.

Any experience? advice?

Thanks a lot.

I see no problem if you have that piece of paper your good as gold.

can you provide a timeline? when you submitted the i 485...when you fingerprinted?

I don't know. technically you entered "without" inspection because you have no I-94. Being "waived through" is only an option for americans, LPR's and canadian citizens. Everyone else needs to get an I-94. Otherwise every mexican culd just claim they're not illegal, they just got "waived" through.

I'd seek a lawyer. It could come back as EWI since they could not find an entry document. But if you're not mexican or south american -- they may not dwelver further and just approve it. They're pretty lax at things like this when it comes to marraige so you may get lucky.

-= nav =-

Andy I applied in February 2002.

Moondin, I have a replacement I94 marked "Valid for duration of status" the Adjuducating Officer kept it after the interview..but I have copies of it...as well as copies of my visa which was in my passpart that got lost.

moondin, F-1 students can go to Mexico and Canada with a passport and I-94, and come back within 30 days without a visa. Yes, they are waived through, no stamp on I-94, passport or anything else. I speak from personal experience.