50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: RN on OPT out of status soon

I'm a OPT currently employed. Been in the states for 6 years. My BF is a green card holder. I do not want to go back to college to keep my status active. Even in order to do that, I 'll have to get my BSN to be eligible for application for GC. What are my options to apply for a green card? Am I too late to get married to my BF to keep myself active? Please help!

I'm a OPT currently employed. Been in the states for 6 years. My BF is a green card holder. I do not want to go back to college to keep my status active. Even in order to do that, I 'll have to get my BSN to be eligible for application for GC. What are my options to apply for a green card? Am I too late to get married to my BF to keep myself active? Please help!

What coursework have you taken up in college while you were on F-1? You may qualify for H-1B visa. If not, you have to stay enrolled in order to bridge your nonimmigrant status. Even if let's say you finished BSN, still you can't go straight to green card processing (and you can't receive your green card without leaving USA) because F-1 is not a dual-intent visa type, H-1B is. When will your BF be eligible to apply for US citizenship?

You cannot get H-1B or any other work visa if you only have the RN and no BSN. F-1 might be your only option.

There is nothing stopping you from getting married if that is what you want to do. In terms of immigration, you will not get any immediate benefit unless and until your BF becomes a US Citizen.

Thank you all for your opinions. Well! the thing is neither my BF or me are intending to migrate to the USA for good. However, I need to buy me some time to wind up everything that needs to and take a couple of vacations before leaving hopefully in December. <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">So my question is now, if he marries me, lets say tomorrow.. will I be considred inactive after my OPT status expires in Ausgut?</span>I have to go back to the univeristy to get RN-BSN which is highly expensive and non-online only for international students . It's doable yet, it is my last option and end up losing that money just for a semester.

Thank you all for your opinions. Well! the thing is neither my BF or me are intending to migrate to the USA for good. However, I need to buy me some time to wind up everything that needs to and take a couple of vacations before leaving hopefully in December. So my question is now, if he marries me, lets say tomorrow.. will I be considred inactive after my OPT status expires in Ausgut?I have to go back to the univeristy to get RN-BSN which is highly expensive and non-online only for international students . It's doable yet, it is my last option and end up losing that money just for a semester.

Marriage to a Green Card holder does not bridge your lawful stay in the US. You'll be 'inactive' or out of status. What do you mean neither you nor your BF are intending to migrate? If he'll not stay here or he'll not maintain his US ties, he'll also become inactive.