free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I 130

I filed I-130 for my son at the Chicago office. The application was received in September 2008 and I got I-797C receipt number. Does anyone know how long is the wait. When will he get a visa number?

Thanks!

I filed I-130 for my son at the Chicago office. The application was received in September 2008 and I got I-797C receipt number. Does anyone know how long is the wait. When will he get a visa number?

Thanks!

6 months to 1 year for minor child of US citizen.

- are you USC or permanent resident?
    - how old was your son in Sep 2008 ?

I reside in Pakistan ... I-130 just got approved ... do i have to fill I-485 now and then question is where to submit ...

I-130 submission date was april 2001, but INS date currently that they are running is 1999 ... so maybe its another year or two but should i fill out I-485 now or not???

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Yousaf:
    I reside in Pakistan ... I-130 just got approved ... do i have to fill I-485 now and then question is where to submit ...

I-130 submission date was april 2001, but INS date currently that they are running is 1999 ... so maybe its another year or two but should i fill out I-485 now or not??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I-485 is only for those that are adjusting status within the US. You're not eligible for that since you're in Pakistan. The NVC will contact your sponsor once a visa number is available and your application is ready to be processed.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Could you please tell me;

How long will i have to wait for visa number??
    Then how long after when i get visa number???

Just a rough idea.

If they're currently processing applications from 1999, it would be another year or two before a visa number is available. After that it takes, on average, a year to get through the process.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Aneri,

I am a USC. My son is 28 years old.

Decent, you can find the current visa bulletin right here. If your son is unmarried, he would be in the first preference category.

You have a way to go before a number is available, unfortunately.