Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Don't know what to do?

Hi
    here is my situation.
    I came to the us 6 years ago, started to study, met a man, got pregnant but had to go home since my visa expired, we did not get married but we are good friends and still have contact on a daily basis.
    had my baby since, The thing is i don't want to raise a child in a country that is full of crime and aids especially since it is a girl.
    how will it be possible for me to get citizenship for at least my daughter.
    the father is an american but i am not.

Hi
    here is my situation.
    I came to the us 6 years ago, started to study, met a man, got pregnant but had to go home since my visa expired, we did not get married but we are good friends and still have contact on a daily basis.
    had my baby since, The thing is i don't want to raise a child in a country that is full of crime and aids especially since it is a girl.
    how will it be possible for me to get citizenship for at least my daughter.
    the father is an american but i am not.

You'd need to have the father recognize the daughter as his officially (name on birth certificate, assuming financial responsibility, things like that).

If your daughter was born here her birth cert will confirm citizenship. If your daughter was born abroad her father will have to cooperate in registering her as a foreign birth and getting a certificate of foreign birth. I would then get a certificate of citizenship and US passport even though not necessary it will make life easier in the long run.

If you think America is so bad, why do you want your daughter to have US citizenship? Just because you came here, met a man and got pregnant doesn't mean all women in America do that.

I thought the country that was full of crime and AIDS was the one she's living in now (Africa?), not the US.

too funny ..

africa is not a country
    where did africa come from .. another post or the mention of pregnancy .. kind of shady
    US full of aids and crime .. pretty ignorant

anyways .. i think its a pretty clear case for a parent to sponsor a child whatever the reasons

two things you really need to get it done .. dads cooperation and make sure its done before the kid turns 18

thanks for the feedback
    just one thing
    I never said that i think america is bad. And i never said anything to downgrade any women.
    I got pregnant and it was something that happened by mistake. At least i accept my mistake and did not do something like abandon or got rid of her through some ungodful way.

I just wanted to know some answers that was it.
    Me and the father are very much in love and friends and we want to do only what is best for both us and our daughter. I am not into getting marriend and neither is he else it would have made things easier i guess.

i know africa is not a country but continent. I am from south africa where we are at now.
    and yes it is covered with aids and crime. It is only maternal to want the best for your children.

thanks again

Well your issue is simple, talk to the father of the child so that he can file the neccessary paper work to have his kid granted American citizenship.